craacken

Hello,

I noticed a few other threads stating S7 could no longer send/receive messages due to wi-fi calling.  This setting needs to be 'reset' however this did not fix my issue.

No matter what I'm doing my service will stop and no longer send or receive messages until I restart my phone.  If I connect to any wi-fi it will immediately cause this issue and persist after I've turned wi-fi off and will only act properly after the phone has been restarted.

This is a huge issue as I'm constantly on wi-fi and roaming between access-points throughout my day.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hey, craacken !

Thanks for bringing this to our attention on the S6 Edge+. While I have seen a few threads, as you mentioned, of this happening on other Samsung Galaxy devices, this hasn't been identified as a widespread issue. Do you have any issues with browsing while connected to WiFi? Or have any issues with WiFi calling? Also, have you tried clearing the cache to your messaging app yet?

• tmo_marissa

Hiya, craacken! Just wanted to stop by here and see if you'd had a chance to look over Amanda's reply. How is everything going for you? If you're still having trouble, please let us know a little more about what's happening and what troubleshooting you've had the opportunity to try! Thank you.

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there craacken .

I'm just checking in to see if you've tried the suggestions that Amanda posted. If so, please give us a holler and let us know how things are going. Thanks!

• workshop22

Hello,

I have a Galaxy S7, I'm not sure if it's due to wi-fi or wi-fi calling but I'm having the same issue where no text messages go out until I restart my phone.  It seems to be happening randomly but I'm having to restart my phone a few times a day.  Any clues to what's going on would be helpful.

Thanks!

• craacken

I ran into this issues again yesterday.

To answer your questions about WiFi:

• No, I don't have browsing issues on WiFi.
                  • Yes, I do have calling issues on WiFi.

Troubleshooting:

• Safe mode - worked, but could not use apps
                  • Clear Cache - did this two times, did not fix anything
                  • WiFi calling - turned it on, off, set preference to all 3 options, rebooted each time to no avail

I have noticed one other thing recently - my phones disconnect from WiFi all the time, it can be after 1 minute of sleep mode or 10 minutes, it doesn't matter.  Interestingly enough, I have the "keep wifi on during sleep mode" turned on for both phones which tells me this function does not work.

With the new 'battery saver' options, there is no option to disregard my wifi settings.

To me it seems like my phone is trying to use any wifi it can no matter what my phone is set to and regardless of whether it actually knows the network - seems strange and not very likely but this is the only way I can describe it.

Thanks

• tmo_mike_c

Thanks for all this info. If you're messaging is working in safe mode, that could mean there's an app on your phone that's interfering with your messages not working. Do you have any 3rd party apps that you've downloaded recently? You may wanna uninstall any messaging apps, then retest things to see if it works a bit better.

For your Wi-Fi, have you tested other Wi-Fi connections to see if you're able to stay on longer than 10 minutes? Do you get any error popping up at all, or does it just disconnect randomly?

• craacken

The only apps installed are from the play store so unless those are considered "3rd party", I don't have any.

Wi-Fi - there's no error, just tap the home button after the screen shuts off and you'll see, "Wi-Fi connected successfully...".  Please re-read my statement as this does not disconnect me while I'm using the phone, it simply disconnects every time the screen powers down.  This makes using chromecast or plex quite bothersome because you have to reconnect the application every time.

Thanks