sykot69

Android 7.0 nougat update so many bug, like quick charge not work,many battery drain,so much heating issu and more.This is common problem all H830 user.before 6.1 much better 7.0.

please fixed it or send android 7.1 stable update.

My software version - H83020H

All replies

• stevetjr

Re: LG G5 Android 7.0 Nougat Update still Bug.

You would have to send that request to LG, as the manufacturers are solely responsible for updates. The carriers have nothing to do with the updates other than test them for network compatibility. 

Most issues that have appeared with the update to Nougat are not actually with the update but rather existing apps not playing well with Nougat.  First thing to do after an update is wipe the cache partition. Wipe cache partition: LG G5   If that doesn't resolve it look at what apps are pulling the highest percentage of battery and especially look for an app that you don't use much but seems to be burning processor time. When my GS7e was updated it was FB Messenger that was just killing my battery compared to MM. Last resort of course is factory reset, which will factory reset it with the new OS but a clean copy.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, sykot69. We just wanted to check in here and see if you'd had a chance to look over stevetjr's reply here and try out the troubleshooting steps he recommended. We see cache wipes and master resets (echoing that this step should be taken as a last resort) with operating in safe mode afterwards (with third party apps added back in slowly to isolate potential troublemakers that aren't working well with the updated software) work well for the vast majority of users with issues after updates. How is everything going?

- Marissa

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going? Let us know if you still need help.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi!

I'm just stopping in to see if you've tried the awesome suggestion from stevetjr. Please give us a holler and let us know how your phone is doing. Thanks!