LG G6 terrible mic functions

georatm

To make things quick, the mic on the G6 has been lousy. I have to restart the phone several times a day in order to get google assistant to hear me or to voice text. I dialed 611 and got some trouble shooting support, the last step after troubleshooting was to do a reset which I'm waiting on for now. Calls seem to work fine but using the mic to voice text or anything else is horrible, same issues were present on my S7 as well. Does google assistant just suck???

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: LG G6 terrible mic functions

Wow, this is a new one for me. I haven't heard of this issue with the LG G6's mic. A master reset is definitely a good option and I'm curious how everything is working afterwards. Have you noticed any improvement?

• georatm

Its totally frustrating just how bad google assistant really is, I am almost thinking all of this is a big software issue. I also blame T-Mobile coverage in Bellflower, Ca, its been awful over 4 years already and not getting any better. Mic won't work if the service is bad.

• tmo_amanda

I'm thinking you're right on it being a software issue because I checked out the coverage in Bellflower and see that modernization was just completed. If you're still having signal issues, our tech support team may need to get a ticket filed for you.

• georatm

I tested four of my tmobile one tablet lines and I can barely sometimes get 3mbps but mostly 0.5 mbps. I have been filing tickets for the last 5 years or so with no results or improvement. I even noticed my local T-Mobile Bellflower store has a signal booster installed in the store, so what does this tell me?

• tmo_amanda

Gooooodness! You would think there would be improvement after that long. I was really hoping you would have seen a boost in signal after the modernization was completed. There are a few pieces that play a part in call quality but you're right - coverage is definitely one of them.