Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge - no data

kuronekofuun

hi guys.. i need help.. my phone is from verizon.. i recently bought t mobile sim and activate the sim.. but the problem is i dont have mobile data always stuck on EDGE.. i tried everything.. i try the apn settings.. re search for 3 days already.. but i have othing i need help please..

here is my IMEI 358166076528881 please help me

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge - no data

No data, is no bueno kuronekofuun .

Did you match the APN settings with the info we have for our T-Mobile version?  Are you having trouble in just a one or a few specific areas, or is this happening everywhere? Just a heads up, we can't gaurantee Non-T-Mobile devices will work on our network, but we're gonna do everything we can to help you.

• stevetjr

One other trick that has worked for some is rather than changing the default APN to T-Mobile, Samsung allows you to add an alternate APN and then select the alternate APN as the active APN.  It is theorized that Verizon has hard coded something in their APN settings so even though it pulls some of the data from the SIM into the APN it is not overwriting everything but when using the alternate APN it bypasses that.  It is worth a try of course :-)

• magenta1580819

I'm not techie.  I wouldn't know an APN from an ABC or a 123.  Nonetheless, I'll chime in.... I recently switched from Verizon (Note 3, Verizon version) to T-Mobile.  I've had nothing but a multitude of problems since!

I realize a Note 3 is considerably older than a Galaxy S7.  But I'm happy to hear someone with a newer phone is having issues.  (No offense to the OP!)

In a previous reply by tmo_mike_c (I don't find any way to do a "quote" on this forum") he said: "Just a heads up, we can't gaurantee Non-T-Mobile devices will work on our network...."  (In a T-Mobile store this week I was told the only non-T-Mobile phones they will support are an iphone -- something or other model -- and the Pixel.)  That ticks this non-techie guy off! 

Before I made the switch from Verizon to T-Mobile I inquired numerous times if I would have any issues if I switched.  I was always told I would not.  Wrong! (Methinks, more and more, that the kids working in the wireless stores don't have a clue and just want to make a sale.)

Bottom line, I suppose, to my post is this warning: regardless of how intriguing the advertising or what they tell you in a store don't expect to switch carriers and expect the switch to be problem-free.  Chances are it won't be!

• tmo_marissa

Hey, kuronekofuun! I just wanted to check in and see if Mike & Steve's suggestions were helpful here. Please let us know how you're doing!

magenta1580819, that is such a bummer to read. We should definitely not be misrepresenting our ability to guarantee support for Non T-Mobile devices, I don't blame you for being disappointed hearing this news after checking so many times to make sure everything would work. I did just reply to your thread, and am happy to help with whatever I can if you want to take a look over there!

- Marissa

• pedro_sanchez

When I switched from ATT to TMo, I had an unlocked ATT Samsung S6 that wouldn't connect to the TMo network. I spent a good bit of time online with tech support who tried everything in their scripts and finally told me to make a trip to a TMo store for further help.After hanging up, I decided to try one more thing that hadn't been suggested; I put the phone in airplane mode then back into celluar mode. I tried that and guess what, my issue went away and never reappeared.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • tmo_marissa

Hiya kuronekofuun! Just wanted to check in on you -- please let us know how you're doing!

- Marissa

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going Please let us know if there is anything we can do.