magenta1700663

lg v10 stuck on initial main screen. boot loop. how do I repair this?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Unfortunately, bootloops don't lend themselves to a lot of options to fix.

You can try to power on while holding down the "down" volume button and power button. When the LG logo appears, release power button only and press again. Select recovery option which will wipe everything.

This tends to be sort of common on the V10, unfortunately. If this doesn't work, I would say you want to start exploring your options for a warranty exchange.

-Lauren

• stevetjr

Re: lg v10 boot loop. how do i repair this?

One other trick (not a fix) but if you need to get data off it, you can try putting it in the freezer for a bit then when you take it out put it on an ice pack and you may have enough time to get a few things off. It worked on my G4, just can't get greedy with how much stuff or you just have to repeat the process.

• adam1991

You go to lg.com and find their mobile support page, and request a repair.

They have extended the warranties on all of these phones.  Just set up a repair.  They will provide you a shipping label.  They will repair it the day they receive it, and they will send it out that evening.

It really is that simple.  You may choose to think it's more complicated than that, but it's not.

• tmo_lauren

I personally have had to use the freezer trick. Allegedly (and sort of ironically since the other fix is a freezer) you can put it in the oven for a few minutes to perform a solder reflow.

While not ever officially confirmed by LG, apparently the motherboard or sensor is loose which causes the phone to believe it is overheating when it isn't, thus the freezer working because it drops the temp, and why the reflow helps as it won't be loose any longer.

Officially, I have to tell you NOT to put your phone in the oven, I am only saying what I have seen other people quote as fixes.

-Lauren