Digits "not ready" on WiFi

nosut

I just started using digits and I am new to tmobile so forgive me if this has been answered (I tried searching). I currently have 2 digit lines that work on my home WiFi and ok cell service but when out don't seem to work on pubic WiFi. Is this something caused by a blocked port maybe or are others seeing this issue as well?

All replies

• debjitjdv

Re: Digits "not ready" on WiFi

You mean like Starbucks wifi kind of thing right? Its a stupid question but still, have you made sure that you were able to browse when connected to the public wifi? I believe essentially its some sort of VOIP service and some public wifi may not allow VOIP traffic. Not sure though

• nosut

No stupid questions when trying to diagnose an issue. Yes WiFi like Starbucks. Yes I am able to use the WiFi for everything else. Just digits goes from ready to not ready when connected. Likely blocked ports.

• debjitjdv

Sometime those public wifi blocks VOIP kind of calls to save bandwidth. Since it is working perfectly with your home internet, I guess its the port blocking as or VOIP blocking as you mentioned. I personally never tried something like this on public wifi hence cant be 100% sure but looks like the possibly cause.

• tmo_mike_c

That's really odd nosut but it does seem like something is going on with that Wi-Fi that's keeping you from connecting. I doubt it's a problem with the DIGITS service if it works on your own Wi-Fi connection. Is it more than just one location with a public connection?