ndeck83

Hello. When I drive thru a certain area on my way to work I get full signal but no LTE or E. Perhaps my phone (S8) is just picking up the ATT tower at zip code 63876??

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Signal Question

Missouri's bootheel is not particularly well covered. T-Mobile's coverage map shows that areas a "fair" service with lots of holes.  It sounds like what happens with my Android phone when it can't get a T-Mobile signal but does see another signal which it can't connect to. The bars just show the strength of the signal it sees, even if it can't connect. Different phones handle this differently. Some show no bars, others show what you'd get if you call 911.

Most of the bootheel is included in T-Mobile's 700 MHz license area it it looks like they have only upgraded a few towers along I-55. It looks like your closest towers are in Kennett. It might help the community if you install the CellMapper app and run it when you make your commutes.

• ndeck83

That's what I thought. Still frustrating as all get out to see full signal but no service lol. I will download the app and run it tomorrow on the way to work and back. Yes Kennett has a good solid LTE signal as does my hometown of Paragould. That stretch of 412 between paragould and senath would be a great area for T Mobile to put a tower as Verizon and AT&T have towers in that area already. 

Thanks for the reply!!

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• drnewcomb2

If I had a nickle for every great location where T-Mobile could, but hasn't, put a tower, I could pay my wireless bill for a long time.  Here's a good rule of thumb. If you look on T-Mobile's coverage map and zoom in far enough to see different service levels and all you see is "fair", you might not be getting a signal on your phone.

• tmo_mike_c

It always bums me out when I hear stories like this ndeck83 . Still, we appreciate you coming to support to tell us about. We've continued to roll out coverage enhancements in various areas, but we do know we've still got some opportunities to help make improvements. Sounds like you're familiar with checking our coverage map, and I agree, you'll wanna zoom in to get a better gauge of expected coverage. Our engineers are aware of places that need some help including places that show "fair" coverage, however, you're more than welcome to Contact Us and have our Care team submit a Service complaint. I gotta let you know, these service complaints don't guarantee a coverage change immediately, but it does help to log these areas so our engineers know exactly where we can use some "coverage love." Thanks again for posting.