reefsta

S7 Edge dual SIM unlocked not registered on network abroad international. Was fine first month then all of a sudden lost roaming. T-Mobile app not working since day one. Up to date on software and apps.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Not Registered on Network Roaming

Where are you trying to roam and which position is the T-Mobile SIM in (primary or 2ndary)? What is your T-Mobile service plan?

• reefsta

In Yemen when I usually arrive T-Mobile always connects to Sabafon as there roaming partner. S7 Edge dual SIM unlocked. Was fine on 6.0.1 then updated ota to 7.0 and days later lost the R by the bars and emergency calls only. Sim 1 is where I always had my T-Mobile sim but I also tried SIM 2 to see if it'd work but doesn't. I was on the $95 prepaid unlimited since it was $60. But since I travel I changed it to pay as u go so I'd just pay the roaming call or text fee since they don't offer data in this particular country. The phone reads my sim just not registering roaming. I can't contact T-Mobile since the app not signing in my account & can't call customer care. I even tried to call via Skype but T-Mobile system ends the call seconds later.

• drnewcomb2

There are three things that concern me:

1. Non-T-Mobile phone
                2. Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG)
                3. Yemen.

Of these, Yemen is the biggest concern. There's a civil war going on there. This will tend to disrupt both communications and financial infrastructures. It's possible that the Yemeni carrier lost either their billing connection to T-Mobile or the ability to settle their accounts, either of which would cut off roaming. Frankly, were I ever to go to someplace like Yemen, I'd have several backup SIMs. Maybe a Piranha Mobile one and a local prepaid, plus backups for calling over WiFi.

The non-T-Mobile phone is not a huge issue but it means that WiFi Calling probably doesn't work, so you don't have that as a backup to call customer service. Since you have access to the Internet can you check your account status? Do you have any backup calling method? (e.g. Skype-Out, Viber, Hangouts, etc)

I know very little about PAYG roaming. So, I really can't advise you on its usability. I know that calls in Yemen are priced at an astounding $4.19/min, which would tend to eat up any balance really quickly.

Sorry I'm not of more help. All I've given you is a list of possible problems.

• reefsta

I appreciate your help. You know what your talking about. I have a few WiFi calling apps that I use to keep to contact with the states until I get back. Its just all my apps are registered to my T-Mobile U.S number so if I have to confirm any sign in via text message etc. Hopefully T-Mobile will figure something out with a different more reliable roaming partner here in Yemen. Thank You for responding and sorry for replying so late.

• tmo_amanda

Hello!

drnewcomb2 is correct about our roaming agreement with Yemen. We no longer have a roaming agreement with Sobafon as there is a temporary block. We don't have any details on when/if the temporary block will be removed.