Does Digits work with Prepaid accounts?

kgescobedo

Does Digits work with Prepaid accounts? Thanks.

All replies

• debjitjdv

Re: Does Digits work with Prepaid accounts?

As per out DIGIT GURU tmo_evan DIGITS should work with prepaid accounts. But there is a fine print.

Since technically prepaid accounts are single line accounts, so with prepaid, you will have app only access i.e. in other words you can access your prepaid T-Mo number via DIGITS app across connected devices like laptop, tablet etc. But you wont be able to get a VIRTUAL or DUPLICATE line because technically they are solely meant for a multi-line account which prepaid account is NOT.

Please let me know if that answers your question and feel free to tag me for any other queries you may have.

• kgescobedo

Thanks for the quick response. This is interesting because I have been told 2 different things by different T-Mobile reps. The folks on the phone told me it wouldn't work at all if I didn't have a post-paid account, and when I asked the same question of a chat rep, he told me that the app didn't work for prepaid accounts, but I could order a duplicate SIM card since I am prepaid customer.

I've installed the app on a couple different, non-T-Mobile devices, but keep getting a "provisioning error, please contact T-mobile message" when I choose the slider to try to activate my number. T-mobile phone support didn't know how to help me.

Ideas?

• tmo_evan

The definitive answer is that it "should" work with prepaid accounts. 

However since launching we're finding a few issues with some common prepaid account types particularly a hacker favorite one (100 min, unlimited text and 5GB of data) as well as some variants of the Pay As You Go where for some reason it doesn't work.   The team has been spending some quality time over the past few days trying to identify why certain account configurations are not working properly and based on the analysis it may take a bit of time before we get to the bottom of that particular issue.

Thus in the mean time, your mileage may vary on whether it works for you or not.  We're going to continue to work on the issue and will get this eventually addressed.

• kgescobedo

That is the prepaid account I have.

I ended up going to the T-Mobile store and they were able to move this forward a bit more. I now have a tech ticket in place and they are working on resolving it on their end. They verified that "prepaid customers with a T-Mobile ID can take advantage of the DIGITS App. Additional DIGITS numbers are only available to postpaid customers" is correct.

• magenta1410534

Just spent an hour on the phone, with Technical support.  Eventually got to one of their "experts", about the server error, which says; "There was an error contacting the server. Please try again later." They don't have a clue!!!

I have the (100 min, unlimited text and 5GB of data), which you described.

Looks from my conversation it may never happen, since their expert is clueless?

• kgescobedo

I had a tech ticket put in on my account a week ago. Where it ended was that it does not work with accounts that do not have unlimited talk and text.

• magenta1904728

I am on a prepaid legacy account.  When attempting to register for digits, I get: "There was an error contacting the server. Please try again later."  Anyone else on a legacy account that can offer any help to get around this error?  Thanks.