I was told yesterday that the paired digits is not currently operational. Because of this, I was told that currently I cannot use Digits to make or receive phones calls from my Secondary SIM [aka duplicated SIM] phone unless WiFi is present on that phone.
I am on a grandfathered Simple Choice plan. Here are the steps I took to make it work:
1. Got a duplicate SIM from a TMobile store.
2. Installed the DIGITS app on both my primary and secondary phones using a WiFi connection.
3. Activated the DIGITS app on both phones using my primary phone number and entered the 6 digits code sent to me by SMS. Activation succeeded on both phones.
4. Logged on to my TMobile account on my PC and paired the primary phone and secondary phone.
5. Turned off WiFi - I found the DIGITS app cannot even sign in on the secondary phone. On further investigation, I found data on secondary phone does not work at all.
6. I expected both numbers to ring but only primary rang. Secondary does not ring even when it is on WiFi and digits is signed in.
7. Making phone call from primary succeeds but making phone call from secondary connects me to TMobile customer service. This happens irrespective of whether I make the call using the Phone app or using the DIGITS app.
In short, it seems that the secondary number only works with WiFi.
On trying to engage with TMobile customer service, I was told that Paired digits will not work for some time and there will be a future updated which will make it operational.
Has anyone succeeded on making the paired digits work with two smartphones and duplicate SIM Card?
If the scenario is currently not supported, when will it be supported?
If it is supported and the customer rep was not aware of it, what additional steps do I need take to make it work?