nusse

I'm a new customer to T Mobile and so far I am less than impressed.  I have a brand new S8 and in areas with supposedly high coverage, I am constantly dropping calls.  Also the building penetration is not that great either.

What can I do to increase the reliability of my phone on T-Mobile? I can deal with the building issue because that isn't necessarily a problem with TMobile, but the dropping calls in areas it shouldn't be dropping them is rather concerning.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Samsung S8 dropping calls

Oh, that's really rough to hear this nusse .

Are you seeing more dropped calls in a specific area or multiple locations? When you look at your signal, do you see your bars dropping off, or is it more consistently solid? I agree that dropped calls are less than impressive, but do wanna make sure we help you out as best as we can to get this working better. Please keep us posted.

• nusse

I have it happen kind of all over.  Out in the open, inside buildings (which is probably more the penetration than anything) and seemingly with full and no bars.

Some of the areas I've experienced it are in heavy traffic areas and we are not a small town (about 500K) and in heavily populated areas as well.

When I am able to look at my phone and see the signal drop like in a building or something, I am able to see the bars drop to nothing..... then come back up and I have 4G again.

• nusse

One thing to add I noticed today that I frequently go from a strong signal to weak then disconnecting... while sitting in one place.

I don't know if this is some setting somewhere I need to adjust, but it's getting rather irritating.

• tmo_mike_c

That's no good if it's happening all over. Are these places that you go within a few miles of each other? Another thing you could test is changing the network settings and seeing if it happens when you're connected to 4G/3G/2G. You could even change it to just 2G only for a little while and see if there's a difference. I totally get how irritating this is, but I do wanna make sure you get the help you need. Please keep us posted so we can help give you more advice on how to get this resolved.

• nusse

Yes these places are within minutes or seconds of each other. Also It can happen just sitting still.  I've tried messing with the network settings as you suggested and it hasn't helped.

• tmo_mike_c

Okay. Thanks for the additional details. Since these problem locations are really close, the next step you'll wanna take is to Contact Us and have our Care team file a Service Complaint. Engineers will investigate the dropped calls you're having and work to get this resolved.  I do appreciate everything you've done, and now, I think we'll need to get our engineering team to take over from here.

• mprigadaa

I'm having exactly the same issue, this is getting out of hands and very annoying, I had a samsung galaxy S3 for several years and never had this issue, all of the sudden I upgrade to the galaxy S8+ and now almost every single calls is dropped, these drop calls are happening in the same areas where I used to call with my previous phone so I know for a fact is not the area and in fact it is the phone.

I purchase the JUMP program to insure my phone and just found out by Tmobile customer service that if my problem continues they can replace my phone but it will have to be a REFURBISHED phone ????? ... Pitiful .. after being a Tmobile customer for over 15 years Im seriously thinking to move over, this a $900 USD phone and I can guarantee you I will not have this issue with a $50 USD phone.