Unlimited Data Promo...

spy808

I wanted to add more data to my plan and i had this selection on my a data option of unlimited data for $0... I selected it & had confimation successful & goes in effect 5/29/17... I called customer care & verified the unlimited data and he said it will be unlimited for as long as i dont change or modifiy plan... Then when to date 5/29/17 comes along no unlimited data or no data at all... I know people are gonna say yeah right unlimited data BUT i have screen shots of the transaction from mytmobile.com... So what do i do to get this so called promo... If not ima post pix on social sites & post it all over as proof that im supposed to have unlimited data with the simple $50 plan...

All replies

• Re: Unlimited Data Promo...

Post a screenshot here. What was the name of this promo and what were the terms of the promo?

• artart

Re: Unlimited Data Promo...

spy808 wrote:

I wanted to add more data to my plan and i had this selection on my a data option of unlimited data for $0... I selected it & had confimation successful & goes in effect 5/29/17... I called customer care & verified the unlimited data and he said it will be unlimited for as long as i dont change or modifiy plan... Then when to date 5/29/17 comes along no unlimited data or no data at all... I know people are gonna say yeah right unlimited data BUT i have screen shots of the transaction from mytmobile.com... So what do i do to get this so called promo... If not ima post pix on social sites & post it all over as proof that im supposed to have unlimited data with the simple $50 plan...

Hi spy808

I would also like you to see the screen shot. In addition to the other info snn_555 asked for, could you also please tell us what your plan's exact name is? How long have you had it?  How much data is currently included per month?

I don't recall a "Simple Plan" or even a "Simple $50 Plan" offered by T-Mobile. "Simple Choice" perhaps or "Simply Prepaid". T-Mo has had so many plans. The exact name and terms of the plan would help shed some light on what your data options would be. Details are very important.

Art

• barcodeable

I have seen similar promo's like that in the past. I have never chose those options because I didn't trust it. I have Unlimited Data with 7GB of wifi hotspot but there was an option for me to get Unlimited Data with 14GB of wifi hotspot. I was very tempted to opt for it, but i was too afraid i would get tricked into joining the T-Mobile ONE Plan, so i just regrettably ignored the promo opportunity to double my hotspot capacity for free. Im so glad i did now, i see it was some sort of advertising error .

• tmo_amanda

Hey there!

Thanks for posting about this great promo! There has been a lot of input provided in this thread. Were you able to successfully switch over to this plan?

• tmo_marissa

Hi, hi! We just wanted to check in and see if the information provided here helped you solve this promo plan riddle. Were you able to get opted in? How is everything going?

- Marissa

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things were going. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

• robertr@comcast.net

TMO support can you guys help.

I made the change for unlimited data for simple choice plan last month said i had

to wait till 9/14/2017 for the change to complete.

so today I log in and this is what I find...

my account showed 0 data for my phone and 4GB for three other phones.

Called support and they gave run around , saying no change was made

to account since 2014 and there is no unlimited option.

thanks !

Rob

• tmo_chris

Hey robertr

Did you not have a data plan on your specific phone line before you made the change? If so, does your bill cycle close today or did it start today? If your bill cycle closes today, your new cycle will start tomorrow and you will not see any pending changes until tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I cannot see your account here in a community forum but if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can reach out to our T-Force team using the links in my signature. They will be able to access your account and see what changes were made or what changes are pending.

• robertr@comcast.net

Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I'll try facebook.

I had a data plan of either 2.5 or 4GB. Billing cycle ends Sept 13th. so I guess today is tomorrow

supposedly phone support is creating a trouble ticket that includes a link to this thread.

any chance you can confirm this unlimited plan with simple choice is valid or was a mistake ?

thanks

Rob

• robertr@comcast.net

T-Mobile

You got it! That link absolutely sends you right back here.    I really appreciate you sending that information over. I am getting that account pulled up right now and taking a look over everything for you! Please give me just a few more moment to do that visual audit and I'll be right back with you again! *TracieBrazie

T-Mobile

T-Mobile

Thank you so much for letting me take a look over everything for you, Robert! I did do some digging on the account and I do see that it's not T-Mobile ONE that you were taking a look into. I know that Simple Choice plan is super awesome and has many great features for the price so I absolutely don't want to change that if that's not what you're looking for. I do see that there is a feature that's Unlimited data with 10GB of hotspot that lasts until 2/28/19, like the promotional 4GB of data that you currently have. It does come to $30 but I can absolutely take a look at adding that onto the account for you. *TracieBrazie

Robert

would you please pull this link up https://support.t-tmobile.com/thread/139984

this has the images that show the options avail with simple choice plan last month

i didnt see any need to document with pics the change, but apparently theres no record, least this link has all the info

T-Mobile

T-Mobile

I totally understand! Whenever there's a change made on my account, I never worry about taking pictures. It definitely is strange that it would slate to get that change made and then it doesn't change over. I did try to load up that link but it's not loading for me. I know some of the features have some odd names but do you remember the name of the feature? *TracieBrazie

Robert

"unlimited data promo"

can prob do a google search if the link didnt work, for tmobile, choice plan unlimited data promo

offered at least from may 2017 to August 2017

T-Mobile

Hey Robert! My name is Emily and I'll be taking over for Tracie! I am going to take just a moment to catch up on everything and I'll dig right into the account too! Thanks for hanging in there for me! *EmilyNewman

.Robert

thank you

T-Mobile

T-Mobile

No problem Robert! I can tell you've been quite frustrated and that's definitely not the way we want you to be feeling. Unlimited Data is the dream, once I upgraded I never looked back. Getting it for free is even better, sometimes we run offers for limited times, or deals that last until a set date. For instance right now your plan is 4GB from 2.5GB until 2/28/19 at no cost, so you're definitely getting a deal currently. I am still digging, thank you for hanging in there for me! *EmilyNewman

T-Mobile

T-Mobile

We also offer 6GB from 4.5 until 2/28/19 for $10, and we also offer Unlimited with 10GB of smartphone mobile hotspot from 10GB until 2/28/19. Your current plan doesn't have any access to Unlimited with 7GB of hotspot, was this something you screenshotted from your very own account or was that from the support thread? We have had Unlimited 7GB in the past but it isn't something we have offered for more than year, so unless it was already on the account it wouldn't have been online last month. I just want to make sure I'm looking in all the right places! *EmilyNewman

Robert

i just want the unlimited promo i selected and waited 15 days for it to process to have it MIA. these screenshots were from the thread.

T-Mobile

T-Mobile

I hear you 100% Robert, and anything that is possible to do I will get done for you! I reviewed the detailed history of the account, whenever a change is requested or saved there is a stamp in the account for the new feature, along with the channel in which a plan change is made. I see there was My.T-Mobile activity on 8/31/17 but the only feature I see is the 4.5GB until 2.5GB. *EmilyNewman

T-Mobile

T-Mobile

I can make the switch over for the Unlimited for $20 per month with a 50% credit of $10 for two months, and then it would return to $20 for each month after. If there was any $0 Unlimited feature I would get it added for you, but the only options we have for your plan are the ones above. *EmilyNewman

T-Mobile

T-Mobile

The other option we have would be exploring our T-Mobile ONE plan. That would only cost $160 per month Taxes Included you currently have about $20 in taxes so it would only be $40 more than you pay now all four lines get Unlimited along with these other benefits like Netflix included, and Simple Global https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans If we do that I will still apply that $10 offer so it woudl only be $30 more for the next two months! *EmilyNewman

Robert

i pay 105 per month with discounts, so its $55 more. if the system is locked and you have no record i understand. kinda messed up to have this promo running for 3+ months and customers IE me gets the run around on the back end.  taking $10 off for 2 months, doesnt really do much, but thanks for the offer. tmobile ran free line deals etc. but yet that doesnt apply to me unless i want to add a 5th line which is a complete waste. at the very least its a $45 increase when i do the math per month for my setup.

Robert

tmobile has a thread that outlines exactly the options and with screeenshots but yet its not being honored now. but i can pay $45 more per month to switch to one plan

T-Mobile

T-Mobile

I was looking for more options, I know it can be frustrating wanting one thing and being offered another. We really want to do all that we can here. I have the option to look at unlimited on one of your lined but the 45 for T-Mobile one you mentioned sounds more cost effective. At the end of the day it matters what is best for you, let us know what you decide, we are always here if you have more questions! Is there anything else we can assist you with today? *MatthewB

Seen by T-Mobile at 3:36pm.

Robert

All good Mathhew,Emily,Tracie, lol. just glad im at work and didnt **** away 2hrs on this on my own time.  we can call this the bait an switch. bottom line is you have no record and cant offer the unlimited plan provided as an option on the website.

LOL...  /emote frustrated-angry

• tmo_chris

I am very sorry that we were unable to get the unlimited data promo added to your account.  Where specifically did you see the promotion that you could upgrade to unlimited data on your line for no additional cost? From the conversation you posted, it looks like you are on a promotional plan that gives you 4 GB of high-speed data (up from 2.5GB) per line through 2/28/19 at no additional cost. If you wanted to add the unlimited with 10GB of mobile hotspot, it would be an additional $30.

You mentioned a link to sour support community https://support.t-tmobile.com/thread/139984 but that link is not loading for me  Is there any way you can post some screen shots of the offer you are referencing?

• robertr@comcast.net

Chris,

It was this thread we're writing in.

it's all good... i may end up writing to John L to see what his office can do.

kinda too much red tape and run around.

i couldnt even verify the change on my account because it was "in process" and would be

completed end of billing cycle.

the cost was $0 for unlimited as the screenshots show in this thread. while their plan may or may not be

the same the pics were the same.

• tmo_chris

I see what happened here. The link had an extra T in it and it is actually a link to this thread.

So what happened here was the original poster was upgrading to a plan that included unlimited high-speed data for each of the lines. This was included with their specific plan so the "Unlimited Data" they are seeing is $00.00. For your specific plan, the data is a separate feature and can be upgraded per line for an additional cost. I sincerely apologize for the confusion Robert

• dbatra

I have the same issue.

I selected the same Unlimited Promo for $00.00 more for all our 3 lines and today i have NO DATA on any one of my lines

Please help

• robertr@comcast.net

Dbartra,

you should be able to log into your account via web and change the data rate back to 2.5/4GB.

however i'm not sure when it will be enabled.

phone support and chat support (via twitter/facebook) should be able to return it back to the previous setting.

contacting phone support, chat support, forum support, or twitter/Facebook to have the promo plan honored and a

applied will not be possible. Both Chat, Forum & Facebook support appeared to be willing to help but hands were tied.

Phone support is a complete waste of time. I actually reached a point where i said " are you going to to connect

me with a supervisor or do i need to hangup and call back ?"

I mulled over contacting corporate the entire weekend .  This unlimited option IS NOT  a mistake if it was an option

since May 2017. I'll type up an email to them today and will report back here (if allowed).

good luck

• robertr@comcast.net

Dbatra,

Corporate did reach out to me on 9/23/2017 she stated it was an error and not an offer provided.

3 months is kinda long for an error but I was leaning towards that given the level of grief

experienced up till contact with corporate. She provided the option of 10GB of data per all lines

(with roll-over) for the family plan for an additional $20 per month.  I accepted the offer.

There was an upgrade plan last year to get Samsung S7s and Iphones. If you were a simple

choice customer you were excluded. I mentioned the desire to move to the one plan if a cost

reduction was possible and used this as one of the reasons. She informed me the iphone 8

upgrade is open to simple choice customers as well... FWIW.

I wish you luck in your efforts !

on another note, I do respect the moderators and Tmobile for leaving this thread up. thanks guys !

take care

Rob

• dbatra

Rob,

thanks for the reply.

the CS rep i called was of no help and kept saying that the new Unlimited plan was the only option or i could go back to my 2GB plan

Reached out to T-Mobile Corp over twitter (who rock and have always tried to go beyond their means to help) and was able to get on an older 6GB plan for our 3 lines for $10 more a month for all 3 lines. Wish i was offered the $20/10GB Plan,  but this works for us..  Till i need one more line, i'll stick on this plan and then switch to unlimited at that point when the price points are more comparable.

• deetrixo

Yes I was taking a look at my account as well as saw this promo. was kind of confused since I'm already on an older unlimited data plan that is no longer offered. I was grandfathered in on my unlimited data for 20 bucks a month. saw the promo and did a little digging. I've attached 2 screen sshots of my account. one with the 20 dollar old plan selected showing pricing and the second with the promo for unlimited data for 0 bucks a month. so I'm seeing from this post this promo offer is an error? and if so why is it being shown on accounts if it is a known error?20170928_231427.jpg20170928_231359.jpg

• barcodeable

deetrixo  That screen shot looks too good to be true... be careful .