magenta1620672

I would like to remove stateside international talk from my plan but don't want to choose any current plans because I would lose my 10GB data.
    Any suggestions?

All replies

• artart

magenta1620672 wrote:

I would like to remove stateside international talk from my plan but don't want to choose any current plans because I would lose my 10GB data.
        Any suggestions?

Hi magenta1620672

What plan do you have?

Art

• magenta1620672

$50 Simply Prepaid(10GB 4G LTE)WC - $50/month

• artart

Hi magenta1620672

I see you just joined the community about an hour ago. Welcome.

Just so you know most of us are T-Mo customers like your self.

Some T-Mobile employees are usually here but replies usually take some time.

I will do my best to try to help you. I do take quite some time typing so forgive me if a take time to respond.

I don't have much knowledge about prepaid plans but I will see what I can find out for you.

Please give me a few minutes.

Art

• artart

magenta1620672

I haven' t been able to find out much about your legacy plan. Only current plan options appear here.

You say that your plan cost is $50. Is the international talk included in the plan or do you pay an additional charge for that feature?

• magenta1620672

I pay additional $15 for international talk.

• artart

magenta1620672 wrote:

$50 Simply Prepaid(10GB 4G LTE)WC - $50/month

I pay additional $15 for international talk.

Thanks for the additional info magenta1620672

From what info I could find online, it seems that you might have recently benefited by an attractive, very  limited time 10GB upgrade offer around the beginning of March. It seems that by the end of March all of the existing legacy plans including your's, were no longer offered to new customers. It seems that you made it in just under the wire. No wonder you don't want to lose that very sweet deal.

I cannot be 100% positive because I can't know for sure the exact wording of your grandfathered (legacy) plan. I do believe, that since the international talk feature is an additional fee, it should be considered an "optional" service which is an add on to you particular plan. You should in my opinion, be able to drop the optional $15 per month feature without changing you valuable legacy plan.

If you contact customer phone support , dialing 611 on your handset, the T-Mo customer care representative, would be able to read exactly what the terms of your plan would allow to do.

I am glad  you reached out to us here before you started the ball rolling to drop your international add on feature. I do have a whole lot of experience over the years dealing with upgrading my own post paid plans, while protecting my grandfathered plans, and keeping them from being taken away from me.  It is possible that an employee might "accidentally"  switch your plan when you arrange to simply drop the international feature.  That is why when talking by phone I would start off by saying the following.

When speaking to a phone rep, begin by saying something like this:

."I am calling to verify my existing plan details and options only. I am not calling to switch or replace my existing plan. Under no circumstances am I authorizing you to cancel my plan. Can you include that in my account notes before we go any further."

From then on discuss with the employee what your options are. If the rep offers to remove the international plan feature, without any change to your plan, verify that you will still receive 10GB of data and ask exactly how much the new bill will be every month from then on. Then if you want to go ahead and drop the international feature, ask the rep to be sure to include in the notes that your existing plan will not be altered. After you hang up, immediately call back and ask a different rep to check your account and verify everything that the first rep told you.   Once you have been assured that all of the first rep's  statements to you, are recorded in writing you are finished.

If you are not able to drop your international calling feature, tell the rep "don't change anything. You will call back later." Then let us know what happened. and some of us might have some other suggestions. If you do have success, could you still please check back with us and let us know what happened. so that others in your situation might benefit in the future.

* I repeat that I am not a T-Mobile employee. I am a customer with a lot of experience over the years. My advice is my opinion only. It is just the way I would do it. Occasionally mistakes could happen. Although T-Mobile always corrects mistakes, it is better for things to go smoothly in the first place.

BTW; I recommend calling phone support during normal business hours, although you can always dial 611 on your handset 24/7 365.

Art

• tmo_amanda

Hey there!

You have quite the plan!!

Art is correct! You're able to drop the optional $15 International Talk & Text feature without putting your plan at risk.