Plan changed without my permission and NO Previous bill history, wtfff!!?!??!!

nexium7

So last month my bill was ~$150ish.  This month its $228.xx  WTF ?!?!  I haven't changed or added anything.

Service from May 7 to Jun 6
    Plan

$180.00

T-Mobile ONE (TI)

$180.00

Changes

$0.00

There were no account level changes.
    Now for Mar 7 to May 6 ---------    No data available  -----------------------?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!!!
    NOW, There is NOOOO previous bill data????????  What the heck T-Mobile?  Changing the plan on me all of a sudden with no proof of previous account history and payments?  Not cool, lol.
    I wish message us was working because I don't feel like talking on the phone.  I was also supposed to have a 50% off my bill, credit this month from not having reliable service the past 6 months.  Literally, I try to make a call anywhere in my home and in most cities, I can't get through.  I tried the house cell tower box things, doesn't help.  I have had nothing but issues with T-Mobile but your customer service is so effin awesome I can't give up T-Mobile yet  
    Thank you in advance everyone! 

All replies

• artart

*   NOW, There is NOOOO previous bill data???????? What the heck T-Mobile? Changing the plan on me all of a sudden with no proof of previous account history and payments? Not cool, lol.

**  I wish message us was working because I don't feel like talking on the phone. I was also supposed to have a 50% off my bill, credit this month from not having reliable service the past 6 months.

*** Literally, I try to make a call anywhere in my home and in most cities, I can't get through. I tried the house cell tower box things, doesn't help. I have had nothing but issues with T-Mobile but your customer service is so effin awesome I can't give up T-Mobile yet

Thank you in advance everyone!

Hi nexium7, Welcome to the community.

* Don't worry. Just because you can't see the previous data

doesn't mean that it has disappeared from T-Mo records. T-Force will be able to see all of your history and a record of any promises made to you.

**  If a person prefers to message or chat,

contacting T-Force (on facebook) is the best solution.

*** You can address that issue with T-Force also.

You may reach T_Force on the T-Mobile facebook page. In the "About" box (uper right corner) select  "Contact T-Mobile on Messenger". Your communication will be private and secure.

You are welcome.

Art

• magenta4122969

I have documents from T-mobile when I first signed up that my plan wouldn't ever change and is covered under the "uncontract" and then it increased $80 all of the sudden.  No notice.   I also have a screen shot of their facebook team telling me that it would be taken care of and that I shouldn't worry and they would honor the price they quoted me in writing.    Two months later (Feb 2018) I was told that they will no longer honor the TWO promises I have in writing from them but that they could offer me an even better plan (which has all the same features) for $100 more.  WTF.

**personal info removed 2/14**

• tmo_lauren

Hey! Art provided some wonderful information above, I just wanted to check in and see if you had a chance to act on any of it or get things fixed!

-Lauren

• magenta4122969

They told me they would fix it and the Facebook team never did.  Even though I have it all in writing.

• barcodeable

That is terrible. I am very afraid of that happening to me because I have been on such a great plan for all these years. I have been making copies of my bill as proof of low priice and awesome plan. I know T-Mobile make a profit from me, but I also know if i migrated to the T-Mobile One Plan they would make a bigger profit.

Have you contacted T-Force as artart suggested  nexium7  to do ? I have not had the problem you are having, but contacting T-Force is an option prior to starting a class action lawsuit.  I have loss faith in "The Court System" so dealing with lawyers is scary for me. I have had lawyers lie, forge my name drop pending lawsuits weeks prior to the statute of limitations ending, and lawyers bill you for practically breathing (that's $300 bucks).

I hope you can get your previous plan back, that's not professional at all if T-Mobile intentionally changed your plan .

and if this happened to you... it could as well happen to me or others tomorrow .

I currently have the (2 Lines for $100) Simple Choice Promo Plan with Unlimited Text, Unlimited 4G Data, 7GB TETHERING, Unlimited Voice & The $10 Family Stateside International calling for ALL lines on my account. I also have the 3 Free Phone Lines they so graciously gave out in November /March 2016 and the total price comes to $110 plus taxes and fees. I never, ever want my plan stolen away from me and I would feel like a tool if im offered a similar plan for $100+ dollars more .

Please keep us updated on your Class Action Lawsuit.

Im so sorry you are having this issue.

What Plan did you originally have and cost? ... and what plan was offered to you as a fix?

• magenta4122969

I did contact Tmobile t-force and they are not honoring the plan even though I have it in writing.

• tmo_lauren

Hey there!

Sorry to see you are having a frustrating experience, but lets see what we can figure out. What was the plan you were on and what were you offered? Have you been provided a reason for any changes or lack of changes?

-Lauren

• magenta4122969

Thank you for your interest in resolving this issue.  WHAT I WANT: I would like my rate plan to go back to what it was (which was $80 cheaper per month).   I don't care if it shows up as a credit or an adjustment, I just want what I was promised.  My bill should be $231 each month total after taxes, equipment fees, plan, etc. 

Here is what has happened:

In November2015, I went into a T-Mobile store with a friend who was interested in T-Mobile.  I talked to Devon Vo who was the RetailAssociate Manager at the T-Mobile store (Carson Street in Long Beach).  I had been with AT&T for 20 years (back whenthey were Cingular) and wasn’t really looking to change because I was in agrandfathered plan with AT&T and was getting free upgrades every 2years.  Devon showed me the T-Mobileprice plan and told me that I was under an “uncontract” that would not changeas long as I don’t change my plan.  I asked if I could have something in writing and he said that uncontracts don't really give you anything but he gave me a flyer on letterhead and pointed out that it says that my plan won't ever change (I attached that to this email).

I changedfrom AT&T to T-Mobile in 2015 with the premise that I would have my rateplan forever, as long as I didn’t change my plan. My plan WAS the same, andthen all of the sudden it increased $80 per month in November 2017 without me beingnotified.

The flyer Igot when I signed up is attached and tells me I can keep my rate plan forever. WhenDevon showed me the plan, I asked him if I can have a contract.  He confidently said that T-Mobile doesn’thave contracts but that I can take the flyer which clearly says my rate won’tever change.      In November 2017, myrate plan went from $231.07 per month to $312 per month.   I called T-Mobile and I Facebooked with T-Mobile.   On December 6, 2017, I Facebook messagedwith Sarah Scherman (at 543pm).  She toldme that they would adjust my rate back to what I was guaranteed when I started(I attached a screen shot of that conversation).  A month later, my rate did not go backdown.   On 2/13/18 I was told by T-MobileFacebook messenger staff that the price that Devon Vo (In Long Beach) and SarahScherman (Located in your Hawaii office) promised me would not be honored, eventhough I had it in writing both times that my plan wouldn’t ever change (aslong as I didn’t choose it). 

If twodifferent people at T-Mobile accidentally told me the wrong rate plan, thatisn’t my fault and you need to honor the promise that your employee offered me.Otherwise you guys are offering “bait and switch” plans/promises which isn’tlegal. If I go to the supermarket and an item is marked incorrectly, they giveme the item at the price they had marked. Even if it was written incorrectly.You guys gave me a rate plan and told me it was forever. I have writtenproof.  You guys gave me a paper thatsays my rate plan is forever and then you change it without even telling me. IfI hadn’t noticed my bill, you would not have said a word to me. That is notokay. I had wondered how many people you guys do this too.  I looked it up online “T-Mobile changed myrate plan without my permission” (as well as other key words) and I found thatI am not the only one who is a victim of this “bait and switch”

I don’t knowwhat else I could have done.  I asked theassociate for a contract and he said I would be covered under an“uncontract”.  He gave me a paper onletterhead saying that my price plan wouldn’t change.  For a couple of years, it didn’t change.  How would I have ever known he was quoting methe wrong price?  (which according to agoogle search of other unhappy T-Mobile customers, he didn’t quote me the wrongprice.  This was actually a real plan).

ATTACHMENTONE:  The flyer for the 10 gigs for all.It shows on the last bullet point under “how it works” that as long as I don’tchange my plan that I can have it forever. I was told by Devon Vo that my rateplan would never change and he pointed to this “uncontract”.   I am showing you proof ON YOUR LETTERHEADthat it isn’t a promotional plan. I want the $80 permanently taken off my billagain each month as it always has been.

ATTACHMENTTWO: The screenshot where I was told by Facebook Messenger staff Sarah Schermanthat T-Mobile would honor the rate I had been paying.

ATTACHMENT THREE: I emailed Devon yesterday (the manager who signed me up) and he reassured me that my plan was not supposed to change but that he is on vacation until the 27th and will look into it then).

ATTACHMENT FOUR:  My complaint with the FTC.  (I would be glad to close the complaint if this issue is resolved.  This is in no way any kind of threat, I just want to make sure my rights are stood up for and I am given what I was promised.  I held up my end of the bargain. I pay my bill on time and I have not changed plans).

ATTACHMENT FIVE: my facebook messages with T-mobile.  You will see on December 6th, Sarah told me that she fixed the issue and that I would have a permanent reoccurring credit of $80 on the 10th of every month.

If you do a google search of “T-mobile changed my planwithout my permission” you will find that a LOT other people have the samecomplaint. 

These are the people I spoke to:

Signed me up:   DevonVo contact:   Devon.vo@t-mobile.com

Tried to correct T-Mobile’s mistake:  Sarah Scherman is through Facebook and I wastold that she is at your Hawaii office.

MY INFO: Amie Lowery-Luyties

562-310-9741

=============

equality for all

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 9:19:10 AM PST, tmo_lauren <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote: 

|

T-Mobile Support

|

Plan changed without my permission and NO Previous bill history, wtfff!!?!??!!

reply from tmo_lauren in Account & services - View the full discussion

Hey there!

Sorry to see you are having a frustrating experience, but lets see what we can figure out. What was the plan you were on and what were you offered? Have you been provided a reason for any changes or lack of changes?

-Lauren

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Plan changed without my permission and NO Previous bill history, wtfff!!?!??!! in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• magenta4122969

I have contacted their TForce through facebook and they don't seem to care.   I filed a complaint with the FTC and also there is an attorney who is interested in a class action lawsuit.    It really doesn't matter to T-Mobile if you have documentation.    They will be super friendly but baseically say in a really nice way "too bad" "I'm really wish I could help" but they don't honor their plans.

• orinator@yahoo.com

There was nothing wonderful about that reply.  It's a simple question - where do we access our previous statements?  I don't want to join your community - I just want my statements!!!

• barcodeable

What was the plan you originally promosed and were on and what were you offered as an alternative.