Cannot become customer due to technical issues with tmobile credit dept.

magenta1578316

I'm having problems getting my credit check completed to become a tmobile customer. I lifted a credit freeze on 5/12 and as of 5/24 the credit department says there is still a credit freeze. I verified with transunion this morning that the credit freeze has been lifted. per the credit department, they cannot delete my file and now I have to wait 30 days (and maybe it will work then). I have low confidence this will work because I've also waited "72 hours" twice at their recommendation with no luck.

In the meantime I cannot become a new customer before 5/30 and get the plan I was looking to sign up for...it's very frustrated as this is a technology issue at tmobile and NO ONE can fix it. I've been working on this since 5/12 and spent over 2 hours on the phone with tmobile agents alone.

I feel like I've been jumping through hoops to become a customer and tmobile isn't doing anything for me.

All replies

• artart

magenta1578316 wrote:

I'm having problems getting my credit check completed to become a tmobile customer. I lifted a credit freeze on 5/12 and as of 5/24 the credit department says there is still a credit freeze. I verified with transunion this morning that the credit freeze has been lifted. per the credit department, they cannot delete my file and now I have to wait 30 days (and maybe it will work then). I have low confidence this will work because I've also waited "72 hours" twice at their recommendation with no luck.

In the meantime I cannot become a new customer before 5/30 and get the plan I was looking to sign up for...it's very frustrated as this is a technology issue at tmobile and NO ONE can fix it. I've been working on this since 5/12 and spent over 2 hours on the phone with tmobile agents alone.

I feel like I've been jumping through hoops to become a customer and tmobile isn't doing anything for me.

Hi  magenta1578316

Take a quick look at this thread and scroll down to the part where Joe magenta1459386  mentioned that he  . . . Obtained an access number from TransUnion and presented it to T-Mobile and received approval immediately. No 72 hour wait.

See if the same solution will work for you.

Try getting an access number to unlock your credit file

from Trans Union. Then call your T-Mobile customer

support rep and provide him with the code to

immediately unlock your credit report.

Art

• magenta1578316

Initially, before lifting the credit freeze, I provided tmobile credit department with my pin but they said it didn't work. Interestingly, I used the same PIN to lift the credit freeze via transunions automated phone system. Since the PIN didn't work for tmobile, I decided to lift the credit freeze for 30 days, waited another 72 hours and called again, but they gave me the same answer. Credit file is frozen and the PIN doesn't work (??!!). It was then suggested I wait for 30 days and try again.

• tmo_mike_c

Aww, that's rough magenta1578316 .

Hoop jumping is definitely not what we want you to get stuck doing. Were you told to wait 30 days by Trans Union or by a rep at T-Mobile? Do you remember if you were talking to our Activations team or some other department? We really want you to get signed up ASAP so I'm curious if you were told anything else other than waiting 30 days. Please let us know. Thanks.

• magenta1578316

I was told to wait 30 days and try again by the tmobile credit department. According to transunion, my credit report is unfrozen through 6/18.

I have spent at least 2 hours on the phone, spoken to at least 13 different people over the last 14 days. 5 people from the tmobile sales (Scott, Samantha, Tevis, Jackie and Brooklin), 1 person (Cathy) from the "main customer care line"; 2 people from activations (Kathleen, Mary) and 5 (3 from the first call before I started writing down names, Reagan, Josepf), people from the credit department. I've missed a few because I only started taking notes after the 3rd call. I get the same script with every call. They're very sorry, wait 72 hours, wait 30 days, provide your PIN and the credit report is frozen (even when it's not).

• artart

magenta1578316 wrote:

I was told to wait 30 days and try again by the tmobile credit department. According to transunion, my credit report is unfrozen through 6/18.

I have spent at least 2 hours on the phone, spoken to at least 13 different people over the last 14 days. 5 people from the tmobile sales (Scott, Samantha, Tevis, Jackie and Brooklin), 1 person (Cathy) from the "main customer care line"; 2 people from activations (Kathleen, Mary) and 5 (3 from the first call before I started writing down names, Reagan, Josepf), people from the credit department. I've missed a few because I only started taking notes after the 3rd call. I get the same script with every call. They're very sorry, wait 72 hours, wait 30 days, provide your PIN and the credit report is frozen (even when it's not).

Hi magenta1578316

Try contacting T_Force on facebook    T-Mobile - Home | Facebook

Look up in the upper right hand corner in the "About" box to send a message. Have a link to this thread  ready to paste into your message and ask the rep to read your comments.here. Then sit back, relax and see what happens then  

Art

• drnewcomb2

I ran into similar stupidity with Sprint. We have a Nexus 5x which can work on any of the big carriers, so we decided to port my wife's line to Sprint to take advantage of a 1/2-off promo they were running. Neither of us could pass the credit ID verification. No problem with out credit scores; we just couldn't answer the 20-question quiz they give to verify you are who you claim to be. The problem is that we both have credit histories going back almost 40 years and they wanted us to answer questions about things from years ago, like when did I sell the Plymouth Champ. At one point I asked the quiz-master what car he was driving in 1986, to which he sheepishly replied that he hadn't been born yet, to which I replied, "Well how is it fair to ask me question about cars I owned before you were born?"  My wife and I both tried and neither of us could pass their ID quiz. Sprint's loss.

Anyway, at least T-Mobile says you can come back in 30 days. Sprint wanted us to wait 60. We replied, "How about never?"

• artart

drnewcomb2 wrote:

they wanted us to answer questions about things from years ago, like when did I sell the Plymouth Champ. At one point I asked the quiz-master what car he was driving in 1986, to which he sheepishly replied that he hadn't been born yet, to which I replied, "Well how is it fair to ask me question about cars I owned before you were born?"

Hi drnewcomb2

That is really funny. Fran and I are  LHOL (laughing hysterically out loud),.

Art

• magenta1578316

Of course, I've long ago thought this is not really a company I want to do business with, but truthfully I'm looking to save $100 a month on my bill. It's nothing to sneeze at, which is why I keep trying. I work in IT and this seems like it's a system problem, but no one can fix it and the consumer is getting screwed (that would be me).

• artart

magenta1578316 wrote:

Of course, I've long ago thought this is not really a company I want to do business with, but truthfully I'm looking to save $100 a month on my bill. It's nothing to sneeze at, which is why I keep trying. I work in IT and this seems like it's a system problem, but no one can fix it and the consumer is getting screwed (that would be me).

magenta1578316

T-Force is pretty much revered as a "Silver Bullet" in this forum. When all else fails, T-Force seems to be the court of last resort. "The Force" has usually been able to cut red tape and override glitches in the system.   I have witnessed plenty of issues with credit bureaus screwing up in the past, so  I am not so sure T- Mobile is at fault. The fact  is finding fault or placing blame on the correct party is not the issue. Getting results ASAP. is all that matters. I assure you T-Mobile is a company I want to continue to do business with! I hope you will eventually agree with me.

I am not an employee, I am a customer who T-Mo has treated well for almost two decades. Please give T-Mo one more chance to earn your loyalty by fixing the problem.

Art

• magenta1578316

It may not be worth it in 30 days since the offer that will save me $100 a month ends on 5/30