maryjane1960

I recently started using an LG K7 after having a Samsung S4 - the S4 had a little light that would flash in case you missed a notification (text, email), but the K7 doesn't appear to have this feature.  Does it have it and I need to turn it on or isn't it available?  Thanks in advance for your help. 

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: LG K7 - notification light?

Welcome, maryjane1960, and thanks for posting! Transitioning to a new device always comes with a few questions; and if you're used to keeping an eye out for that notification indicator light I can see why you'd love to find an equivalent on your new device. This question's a bit tricky, because I couldn't find any mention of the light in the  User Manual: LG K7. I did a little digging online, though, and found this suggestion. Can you try opening your Settings and looking for a Brightness & Display option in the Device Section? Once you're there, do you see an option labeled Indicator light?
        Since these steps aren't ours or LG's, I'm not 100% that they'll be effective, but please let me know if it works out!

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

Good morning!

Did the steps that Marissa mention above help? Please keep us updated and we will keep digging for more answers, if necessary.

• maryjane1960

Unfortunately, Marissa's answer did not help.  Thanks to both of you for trying - I'll just get along without the notification light. 

• tmo_marissa

I'm sorry that those steps didn't pan out! Thanks for trying and for letting us know. I did find another site that stated that there are no LED notification lights on the device, and since they weren't included in the manual I felt like that might be the case... but sometimes there are hidden secrets buried in menu trees, so we figured it couldn't hurt to provide what we were able to dig up! If you come across any updates here, we'd love to know, but in the interim, I'm glad to read it's not a deal-breaker for you.

- Marissa