Branched from an earlier discussion.
magenta1529827

They've done this to me as well, only I never even requested the line in the first place! Every month I spend an hour or more talking to them, they see the problem, see there's no usage on the line, see there's no device or SIM card attached, and promise they're going to fix it. Then they charge me again, and slap on late fees for the previous month for a charge they said they were taking off. Then I pay my bill the next month, and they not only use that money to once again pay for the line they said they've removed, but also the late fees. So then it becomes a "partial payment", and they slap me with more late fees. I've paid HUNDREDS in dollars in late fees thanks to a number I NEVER EVEN REQUESTED!

This has been going on for almost a year now, and today they tell me that there are no notes on my account to even remove the line. Like I just love paying fpr a line that has a non-existent phone on it.

I have never in my life seen a company as crooked as this. I've seen where they've had to pay out for other scams they've run, and we really need to start a class action lawsuit over this.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Get free line scam..

Ouch, magenta1529827. I'm sorry to read this, and can't begin to imagine this experience. Although we always hate to see a customer go, we understand that needs change, and so canceling a line over the phone with Care should be an easy process; in fact these days we're taking steps to minimize departmental needs so cancellations can be completed without transferring in many cases. If we failed to complete this when you requested (a year ago!), there should be notes for us to review where you spoke with the specific team who handled cancellations at that point, so that we can make this right.

Since the Support Community is a public forum, we don't have the ability to review your account specifics here, but we definitely want to make sure you're being helped. I'm going to shoot you a PM to get a little bit more information about what's happened with your account. Please take a look in your inbox in a few moments, and thank you for taking the time to join the Community and post here.

- Marissa

• magenta1529827

Not only are there problems with my line that I never requested or used, but I have been paying thousands of dollars that never should be there. I dispute my outrageous bills and the rep I happen to be speaking to extends my due date. Then I am promised my account will be looked into because my bills are too high. I call several more times and keep getting told the previous rep never had anyone look into but they will. Then my phone's get cut off and here comes a bunch more charges. So my issues aren't just with this added line. I'm told that no one can help me until this large bill is paid.

It's groundhog day and now I do not have service. I'm held hostage and it's ridiculous! The treatment I am receiving is horrible. The representatives can pick and choose what they want to note on my account and they certainly would never note anything that might get them in trouble. I have repeatedly asked for someone to review any and all recorded calls. This could solve a lot of my problems (if reviewed by the correct person). I cannot go to another carrier because my identity was stolen and my credit has paid a severe price. I am left with nothing and zero options. All I can do is hope someone somewhere will do the right thing and help me.

• tmo_marissa

Thank you for the reply, magenta1529827. Hearing that you're without service when it seems like you've been through so much already is rough to read. We don't want you waiting for assistance until your bill is settled if previous investigations into these charges haven't been completed. I'm not sure if you had a chance to review the private message I sent you, but I would strongly encourage you to reach out to our T-Force team via Twitter DM or PM on Facebook so that we can take a look at your bill ASAP.

I don't want to set unrealistic expectations and have you disappointed further -- while we advise that all calls may be recorded; not all are, and recorded interactions are not stored indefinitely, which is why we use account memos. That said, my specific reference above was regarding a coded footprint for the particular department that (up until very recently) handled 100% of cancellation requests -- regardless of the content of the memo itself, a system memo would be left if one of our team members from this department accessed your account, and we should be able to identify that quickly! I know you mentioned working with us over the phone extensively, and since you're seeking assistance online at this point, I can't encourage you strongly enough to reach out to the T-Force team I mentioned above. If you're reading this on your phone and you're already logged into Facebook, for example, you can simply click the FB icon in my signature below and you'll be promptly delivered to our Facebook page. From there you can hit Message and we'll be able to verify your account details and take a look. We truly hope you'll give our T-Force team the opportunity to get to the bottom of this for you. Please keep me posted here or in PM, and thank you again for taking the time to post.

- Marissa