magenta1504929

I paid of my daughter iphone about 4 month prior. We went to the store on black Friday 2016. They told me that they had a promotion that they will take $360 of the price of the new phone. Which I agreed to and I even received a text message that I was enrolled into the promotion. a couple of weeks later, i receive another text saying that i didn't qualify for it and that i had to pay full price. I went back to the store, in woodbridge NJ, saying that they don't have the iphone anymore and there is nothing that I can do about it. So instead of selling the Iphone 5S for a couple of hundred, T-Mobile decided just to take away the phone and don't give me any reimbursement for it and upon that i had to pay full price that is completely unfair. Again, i wasn't using jump because I paid the phone off complete months ago.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Tmobile scam me out of my iphone

Ouch, magenta1504929! Trading in your phone should be a pleasant experience where you get value back for something you've diligently made payments on, and this doesn't sound like it worked out that way at all. Do you remember the name of the promotion you were participating in? What reason were you advised that you didn't qualify? While I know that getting the device back at this point isn't an option, I'd love to know a little more to see if there's still an opportunity for you to reach out to our Promotions team or one of our teams with account access so that we can get to the bottom of this and see if there's a way to make this work. Since our Support Community is a public user forum, we're not able to review your account ourselves, but we'd definitely like to point you in the right direction to help figure out what happened here!

- Marissa

• treflip

Re: Tmobile scam me out of my iphone

Yep this is looking like what I am currently going through. T-mobile sent me a box and I sent them my iphone 6. I was suppose to get the iphone 7 + for 100 dollars and they are now saying I don't qualify for the plan because the plan has expired!

I have a feeling it's just the incompetent support offshore but I have yet to receive a call from anyone locally. I have now wasted 40 mins on various phone calls and now am taking to the internet to try to get some support. Who is going to pay me back for my time to put in to use their freaking product... on top of them stealing my iphone 6????!!!!!