Spare Phones

flipper100000

I have a smart phone from my old carrier (Cricket LG L60) and a T-Mobile sim from a startup kit from when I swiched over. I wish to activate both on my account as a back up only, on my same number. Can I do it myself online it's like 5 am.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Spare Phones

Your Cricket phone came locked to AT&T/Cricket. You need to get Cricket to unlock it before you can use a T-Mobile SIM. After the phone is unlocked, the only thing you should have to do is to move the SIM from one phone to the other. If they are both Android phones, the contacts should carry over when the phones are synced.

• flipper100000

Thanks did some more looking looking around  and am trying to sign up for the Digits Beta system sounds perfect and what my end game is with my spare phone if every thing is as advertised My laplop is next

• tmo_marissa

Welcome, flipper100000! The DIGITS Beta is currently closed, but it sounds like it would be a great option for you (without having to swap a SIM back and forth) if you're able to register once it's live! We don't have a date to share yet, but you can follow the DIGITS space to get updates! In the interim, drnewcomb2 is correct, if your LG is unlocked and uses the same size SIM as your current T-Mobile phone, you can swap the SIM back and forth. Please let us know if you have any questions!

- Marissa

• tmo_chris

Great news! DIGITS is going national on 5/31. Check out the deets here.