blankusername

Chatting with a rep and he just dumped me into another queue, where the 6 minute wait time is on 15 minutes and counting.

Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.

Info

at 15:33, May 15:

You are now chatting with Royce.

Royce

Hello! Thanks for chatting in with us at T-Mobile. My name is Royce, how can I help you today?

david

I see the buy one galaxy s8 get one free.

david

does an upgrade count?

Royce

at 15:34, May 15:

For this promotion, one S8 can be purchased as an upgrade, but a new line has to be added for this BOGO.

david

at 15:35, May 15:

My wife and I are on a shared plan. I can just upgrade mine, and add switch her over then?

Royce

at 15:36, May 15:

Since you're on a shared plan, that wouldn't be considered a new line of service.

david

at 15:37, May 15:

so she would have to change her tmobile number?

Royce

at 15:39, May 15:

She is already on your plan. It has to be a brand new line. Changing the number, or moving the line to another plan isn't a new line of service.

david

at 15:39, May 15:

So, I should cancel her from Tmobile One, then sign up fresh? I am not understanding this

Royce

at 15:40, May 15:

The promotion is only when adding a new line of service. T-Mobile has many systems in place to make sure people do not abuse the system, so unless a new line is added, this promotion is not available.

david

at 15:41, May 15:

So I can get a new third line, get the new phone, then cancel her service, correct?

Royce

You would be able to do this, but when canceling service the full value of the S8 would then be due.

david

Help me to understand.

david

at 15:42, May 15:

I get a new line and two phones

david

Then I would have three lines

david

So then I cancel the existing second line

Info

Please wait while your chat is transferred to the appropriate group.

Info

at 15:44, May 15:

All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 6 minutes and 0 seconds. Thank you for your patience.

Info

at 15:46, May 15:

All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 6 minutes and 30 seconds. Thank you for your patience.

Info

at 15:48, May 15:

All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 5 minutes and 30 seconds. Thank you for your patience.

Info

at 15:50, May 15:

All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 5 minutes and 30 seconds. Thank you for your patience.

Info

at 15:52, May 15:

All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 5 minutes and 0 seconds. Thank you for your patience.

All replies

• gramps28

Re: How do we get support that can help?

Your best bet is to contact Tmobile using facebook or twitter.

Contact Us

• blankusername

After 20 minutes I got disconnected. Awful customer service.

• tmo_marissa

Welcome to the Support Community, blankusername, and thank you for posting, though I'm very sorry to read over the experience that pushed you here seeking help! Thank you for letting us know about the issue with LiveChat, we can absolutely get the issue reported. It's unacceptable to be transferred without warning, or disconnected without assistance -- no part of our policy would ever dictate that, so truthfully I hope that there's a system error to explain it (in which case, your reporting it is even more helpful as we'll hopefully be able to prevent a repeat).

I agree with gramps28 that our T-Force teams are able to offer unparalleled online support, since they have account access and the ability to respond quickly and securely (whereas this is a user forum, so we can't see your specific account details, and replies can take time). But in this case, reading over your chat transcript, I think I can answer your general question regarding the terms of the Samsung BOGO offer and hopefully save you some additional time, given that you've already spent so much time waiting without a result.

The *GO* in BOGO, for this particular promotion, requires that you

• purchase two of the Galaxy S8 and/or S8+ devices on EIP (equipment installment plans),
                • add a new line on T-Mobile ONE or Simple Choice Unlimited with an unlimited high speed data plan during the promotional period to use with one of the new devices, and
                • use the other on an existing line with T-Mobile ONE or Simple Choice Unlimited with an unlimited high speed data plan.

That new line does need to be active, in good standing, and using one of the two new devices to qualify for the rebate (which would be mailed via prepaid MC within 6 to 8 weeks after successful validation).

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

Hey there, blankusername!

Were you able to get this sorted out? Both gramps28 and tmo_marissa had great suggestions and information regarding this promotion.