Nougat update PROBLEMS

pabloant

After installing this horrible update, it's bad from the design up, I started having random re-boots and mainly, one of the microphones in my phone started acting up recording crackling/static sounds in my videos.  I contacted TMobile, they had me take it to Best Buy for a re-flash of the update as apparently it doesn't completely go through at times.  I went to best buy only to have them tell me I have to call Samsung because they don't support my Note 5.  I called Tmobile back, they conferenced me with Samsung who pretty much said I don't have a warranty any longer, I have to do all this troubleshooting including factory re-setting my phone before I decide to send it in which I will have to pay for.

I stressed the fact that I've done nothing to the phone, it was their software who damaged it and caused it to have the issues.  They said it's an Android issue that they just push the updates out to customers but they don't make/create the updates so there's no one at fault here from what they said and if your phone crashes, you're on your own and may have to buy a new one.  T mobile did say the would replace it had I had insurance which I don't because I take care of my stuff so I couldn't do it that way which I probably wouldn't have done anyway because again, I have a problem with someone telling me they messed up my device now I have to pay to replace or fix it?  How is this fair at all?  I'm going to live with it for now but hopefully they'll push a new update which will be complete and fix these issues.  I pray they do and QUICK!    

Not very happy right now

All replies

• stevetjr

Re: Nougat update PROBLEMS

When you went to Best Buy was it one that had a Samsung Experience center?  A normal BB employee or store indeed wouldn't support your Note 5 because they only sell for the other 3 not for TMO.  The Best Buy's that have the Samsung Experience in them those employee's in the Samsung Experience area wear Samsung shirts and don't work for BB but for Samsung.  The one in my local store has helped TMO customers before.  If it was, next time you are near a different BB try again and even ask who you get if they are BB employee or one of the Samsung reps. Sometimes when the reps aren't their BB employees will float around that area.

There is also an emergency firmware recovery in Samsung Smart Switch which essentially re does the OS software. You could of course try that and then just make sure to wipe the cache partition when you do it.  Actually if you haven't done that yet I would even try that first. Wipe cache partition: Samsung Galaxy Note5

• pabloant

Hello, when I went to best buy it was a Samsung counter and a Samsung

representative who helped me.  I downloaded Smart Switch but didn't see an

option to run any emergency firmware recovery so I uninstalled it again..

The cace wiping was done by my tmobile rep when I first called in.  I'd

love to try the Smart Switch if you can elaborate on how to go about doing

that?

• cstylz

really sorry for your troubles. i am going through some troubles of my own. have you tried a hard reset? if you havent i highly suggest you try it. it helped alleviate most of my problems.

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note5 - How to Hard Reset my phone - HardReset.info