maciejkoziol

When you dial someone it doesn't do anything, it is definitely the update because on marshmalow  there was no problem.

You have to restart the phone to make phone calls but the problem comes back within few hours.

Very annoying.

All replies

• theartiszan

Re: After nougat unable to make calls.

What phone do you have? I would first try clearing the cache from the recovery bootloader. If that doesn't work,  you might need to try doing a master reset.

• maciejkoziol

Galaxy s6 edge plus.

Already did both things you suggested and still unable to make calls unless i restart the phone.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, maciejkoziol! I'm sorry to read that your phone's been acting up since the update. Kudos for the cache wipe and factory reset -- especially the latter, I know it's not a fun or quick troubleshooting step to complete. Aside from restarting to get things rolling again, do you notice any other patterns regarding when calls *stop* working? We've had some posts reporting issues with outbound calls post-Nougat on the Galaxy S6 Edge+ and the Note 5, and a few users have pointed out that this seems to happen after a call is missed or when they're trying to dial from a message. Can you take a look at the threads here and here and see if one seems similar to your issue? We're tracking these and will be reporting them to our contact who works with Samsung, so any details you can provide on one of those threads would be super helpful. It also makes it easy to post back to everyone with any updates we can provide. Thanks so much for popping onto the site to report this, hopefully we'll have more info to share soon!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey, folks! A fix was released for the intermittent calling issues a few days ago -- we just wanted to check back in and see how you're doing! Please let us know if you're still having trouble, or if things are going more smoothly with the latest Note5 software update. Thank you!

- Marissa