Edge lighting issue on Galaxy S8+

magenta1400675

I don't seem to get the edge lighten up when I receive notifications. Is anyone else facing this issue? What is the official take on this?

Mine is Galaxy S8+.

Thanks!

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Edge lighting issue on Galaxy S8+

Hi and thanks for posting on our site.

We really wanna make sure you get those sweet edge notifications so let's help you out. I know this seems pretty obvious, but can you make sure the notifications are turned on? If they are already, should try toggling them off then back on again. If it's still giving you fits, try wiping the cache and giving it another test to see if it helps. Please make sure to come on back and let us know if you need more help. Thanks!

• magenta1400675

I cleared the cache out, but did not help.

• rbryinc

Like I said, it lights really fast and goes out really fast, you need to actually be looking right at the phone when something comes in, pretty much a useless feature which by the way is not that strange for Samsung to replace something that actually works for something that no one really needs.  I have not really figured ut what the point of it is since if you are not looking right at your phone when something is coming in you do not see it and if you already are looking right at your phone you pretty much know something arrived without it. At least when you were able to color code them you know who was trying to reach you, now Blah

• rbryinc

It lights up really fast then is out.  I noticed that they did not add the different color for different contacts, it is just a fast blue light then BOOBM, it is gone