Galaxy Edge S6+ Issues

magenta1392230

Galaxy S6+ edge has started to hesitate when i'm punching the keyboard.  I hit a character, hear no feedback, hit again and again then suddenly it clicks the letter 2 3 4 times however many i'd clicked.   Anti Virus software possibly?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Galaxy Edge S6+ Issues

Welcome, magenta1392230! I'm sure you don't need anything slowing your messaging down. Just to make sure -- this delay is happening no matter what app you're using, right? Does the issue seem isolated to the keyboard, or does your phone seem to be lagging in other touchscreen functions as well? Have you tried to Wipe the cache partition -- or any other troubleshooting?

Lastly, just so we understand a little better -- do you suspect anti-virus software because you recently completed an update of some kind to yours? Thanks for posting, hopefully we can help narrow down the cause of this lag!

- Marissa

• magenta1392230

An update came over a month ago and this has been happening about that long, can’t remember dates.  It is pretty much isolated to the keyboard.  I will pay more attention, but I don’t remember any other area where this LAG has occurred.  I sometimes wait as many as 5 seconds before hitting the key again and it’s remembered that I hit it once before and carries out both commands one behind the other.  This is a little strange, never had anything like this happen before.   Always used Samsung Smart phones.  Been with T Mobile since it was Altell.  

OK, I tried the link you sent me to Wipe the Cache partition.  I tried getting the phone to perform the error again and it seems to be ok.  Of course, it’s been sporadic, so I don’t want to give it a clean bill of health just yet, but it you don’t hear from me for a few weeks it probably worked.   I don’t use the phone very often so it might be a few weeks before I text someone. 

This isn’t a game-stopper.  It’s just a bit of an irritant once you get used to immediate reaction from a device.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha! It does sound like an inconvenience rather than a game-stopper, but we'd still like to help you get rid of the inconvenience if we can. We'll check back in with you to see if the issue returns; hopefully that was the ticket!
                Funny aside - before I worked for T-Mobile, I put myself through college doing a ton of odd jobs -- including working nights at a third party vendor that did 411 services for a bunch of different carriers, Alltel among them. Maybe I gave you a phone listing once upon a time!

- Marissa