Note 5 Nougate Problems

magenta1402796

Where do I begin with all of the problems since the Nougate Update a week ago:

1.  Battery Life:  My battery life use to be up to 18 hours on a single charge. Now I barely get 4 hours. My phone is practically attached to the charger.  Now, all background syncing is turned off whereas before the update, I was able to sync everything without a problem;

2.  Restarts:  My phone randomly power cycles (restarts) on its own at any time without even doing anything;

3.  Bluetooth:  Bluetooth does not connect unless I put bluetooth into pairing mode each time I want to use it.  I'm now tethered to a wired headset;

4. Audio issues:  Audio goes in and out randomly whether I'm using speaker, wired headset, bluetooth headset;

5.  Overheated:  Phone gets hot at times;

6. Font Size:  The font size is extremely small since the update;

7.  New apps that run:  There are a few new apps that run in the background that cannot be cut off and there is non option to disable them;

8.  Apps crash:  apps randomly crash.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Note 5 Nougate Problems

Wow, updates are supposed to help, not cause you this much grief. I have an idea. Can you try the phone in Safe mode for a bit to see if these issues still happens? I'm wondering if things may be going wonky due to third party apps not playing well with the new OS. Please keep us posted on this. We wanna make sure we get your phone working better.

• tmo_chris

Just wanted to check in with you to see how things were going. Were you able to try your phone in Safe Mode?

• magenta1402796

I had already cleared cache, safe mode, uninstalled apps, disabled all background data & hard reset prior to my post. I have a "reconditioned, somebody else's useless phone" waiting for me at the store but I do not think I'm picking it up because mine was brand new & I dont want somebody else's castaway

• tmo_chris

Thanks for clarifying! It sounds like we ended up processing a replacement for your phone as all the other troubleshooting failed to correct the problem. This is not a bad thing though as the phone we are replacing your phone with (while it is a used phone), is a going to be a fully functional phone that has the same warranty that your current phone has or an additional 90 days, whichever is longer. The refurbished phones we send out are fully restored phones and often have completely new parts. These phones are just as good as phones that you can buy brand new, we just can’t sell them as new because well, they didn't technically come off the “brand new phone” assembly line.

I want you to have a working phone because that is what you paid for. The only time you can replace your current phone for a brand new phone is if you have an issue with the phone within the buyer's remorse time frame. I also understand where you are coming from by not wanting someone else's castaway and if you prefer, you can contact Samsung directly and see if they have any kind of exchange options for you as the phone does have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Please know that their return method may differ from ours and you may need to ship your phone back to them first so they can repair it and then ship it back to you. As the carrier, we honor the manufacturer's warranty but we also understand that our phones are our lifelines so we send you out a replacement first making it an easier transition and limiting the downtime.

• magenta1402796

One problem is the reconditioned phone will eventually get the same update then I'm back at square one

• tmo_chris

So the update should not cause most of these issues. The only things on your list above that we would have to look at after the update are the "Font Size" and the "New apps that run". These are just some minor tweaks that we need to do to the settings to get the phone set up how you like. All the other issues are not something that should persist with the new phone with the nougat update.