magenta1412582

Hello,

I signed up for the TMobile advertised 2016 Black Friday iPhone 7 Plus special. The ad claimed if I paid the upgrade fee, traded in the PAID-off iPhone 6S Plus, I would qualify for this promotion if my account was in good standing (which was and still is the case). I'm upset and disappointed that I was convinced this would be a good deal by several employees and it is still problematic 6 MONTHS later! Prior to accepting the 2016 Black Friday promotion, I had spoken with several representatives on the phone back in November to confirm, clarify and ask all my questions to ensure I fully understood the deal. When I accepted this offer, I was told the call would be recorded so it doesn't make sense to me why the I'm seeing something completely different on my bill. I did not agree to the new EIP charges on 2 phones lines; which add up to hundreds of dollars. In my last 2 phone calls with a supervisor and an agent, they are now claiming I simply misunderstood the promotion! I'm beyond irate at this point. T-Mobile website stated "When trading in an iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, or iPhone 7 Plus, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, or Note 5, customers can get a 32GB iPhone 7 for free. With the trade-in of the above listed phones, a 32GB iPhone 7 Plus costs $100, with the exception of a Galaxy S7 Edge or an iPhone 7 Plus trade-in, which drops the price to $0." Fortune.com also revealed (http://fortune.com/2016/11/22/free-iphone-7-tmobile-black-friday/), "under T-Mobile's deal, new or existing customers who trade in a fully-paid off recent smartphone can get a free iPhone 7 with 32 gigabytes of storage. Customers have to stay with T-Mobile for two years on its new unlimited plan, called T-Mobile One, or a Simple Choice plan to get FULL credit for the free phone" so why is this still a problem? Even if I was wrong, was Fortune.com also incorrect with their article. The title of the article even reads:

"This Carrier Is Bringing Back Its Free iPhone 7 Deal for Black Friday"

There are several other articles that promoted the T-Mobile promotion...were they all WRONG?! The promotional offer seemed clear so I'm not sure why my account is still in disarray. It feels like I was scammed to get me to buy into a advertisements and pay more money in the long-term. I've spoken with several customer service representatives every month since December's billing cycle to get my account fixed. Each month attempts are made to try to Customer service has tried to help, but has been unable to be resolved/adjusted according to the T-Mobile deal promised. Additionally, there was another deal that I bought into at the same time claiming T-Mobile had an unlimited plan for 4 lines at a cost of $120 a month. When I spoke with the customer service agents about this, they stated no such plan existed. However, Fortune.com also boasted "T-Mobile's unlimited plan, which automatically reduces the quality of streaming video, was introduced in August at a price of $120 for two lines, $140 for three, and $160 for four. Under the new promotion, four lines cost $120 a month." However, I'm just angry and and disappointed that no one has had the ability to clean up my account with all of these unnecessary charges! Countless customer service reps have tried to help with this, but say there isn't anything they can do because the system doesn't allow a fix! Is there anyone that I can be directly to help me fix my account?

All replies

• magenta1407433

This is happening to me too. I traded in 6 phones and I'm only getting credit for 2. Seems like they are doing this to a lot of people. My situation is still not resolved.

• tmo_chris

My goodness! I am sorry to hear that you both are having such a difficult time getting the promotions you signed up for! I want to make sure both of you get taken care of but here on a user driven community, we the community managers, do not have account access. I know that both of you have made more calls to our care teams than you should ever have to so I don't want to tell you to do that again What I can recommend is reaching out to our social media care team T-Force using the Facebook or Twitter links in my signature as they will be able to take a holistic look at your account and verify all the parameters of the promotion as it relates to your account and purchase.

• stevetjr

magenta1412582 wrote:

Customers have to stay with T-Mobile for two years on its new unlimited plan, called T-Mobile One, or a Simple Choice plan to get FULL credit for the free phone" so why is this still a problem? Even if I was wrong, was Fortune.com also incorrect with their article. The title of the article even reads:

First as TMO_Chris said I would reach out to T-Force on either FB or Twitter Contact Us , they have really good results at resolving issues.  Second as you noted you have to stay with T-Mobile to get the "FULL" credit.  If they just gave you the iPhone 7 and you decided to leave how would you not get the "FULL" credit??  That's why if you look at any of their printed material or online it explicitly says you will make 24 equal payments but get an equivalent bill credit.  They set it up that way so if you leave before the 2 years they have recourse to go after you for the remaining balance.  If you stay with them for 2 years and have 24 monthly payments with a bill credit that is the same then it does equal out to free.  I have a similar deal with my Gear watch data plan that when you buy a Gear Watch you get the data plan for $5 but the plan is normally $15 so I get a $10 bill credit every month. 

So yes you need an EIP but that shouldn't be a concern if you were planning on staying for the 2 years you mentioned unless of course you aren't getting the offsetting bill credit. Then hopefully T-Force can get that resolved for you.

• magenta1412582

No Chris. You have misunderstood. I know there is a lot of information but my concerns are not related to the 2 year plan duration. The frustration is solely based on my account not credited with the full monthly credits that was promised for both phones.

Also, the links direct me to the T-Mobile facebook fan page. Is that right? I'll use the private message chat first and see where that takes me.

• wtssuperpower

magenta1412582   you are on the right track.  I've had great success with T-Force, and am confident that you will too.  Hopefully you've gotten into contact with them by now, but just in case you're still unsure....

After logging in to Facebook, you'll navigate to the T-Mobile Facebook page and then (just like you're going to sent a message to a friend) direct your message to T-Mobile. 

Your writing skills are superb; articulate, precise, and easy to understand even with all of the information presented.  You can even link them to the discussion here, so that you don't need to write it out again.  This is one of my favorite things about using T-Force:  I'm never "in the wrong department" (no more transfers! YaY!),  and I don't need to repeat myself ad nauseam.  Simply direct them upward in the thread, if its something already discussed.  Also, I appreciate the record of actions taken, agents spoken with, promises made, expectations set.   It soothes the paranoia I've developed from trying to accomplish complicated tasks over the phone. 

I hope you'll remember to drop back by with your report.  Its fun to keep tabs on the resolutions for different issues.

All best, -wtssup

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                    • artart

wtssuperpower wrote:

magenta1412582 you are on the right track. I've had great success with T-Force, and am confident that you will too. Hopefully you've gotten into contact with them by now, but just in case you're still unsure....

After logging in to Facebook, you'll navigate to the T-Mobile Facebook page and then (just like you're going to sent a message to a friend) direct your message to T-Mobile.

Your writing skills are superb; articulate, precise, and easy to understand even with all of the information presented. You can even link them to the discussion here, so that you don't need to write it out again. This is one of my favorite things about using T-Force: I'm never "in the wrong department" (no more transfers! YaY!), and I don't need to repeat myself ad nauseam. Simply direct them upward in the thread, if its something already discussed. Also, I appreciate the record of actions taken, agents spoken with, promises made, expectations set. It soothes the paranoia I've developed from trying to accomplish complicated tasks over the phone.

I hope you'll remember to drop back by with your report. Its fun to keep tabs on the resolutions for different issues.

All best, -wtssup

Hi wtssuperpower

I especially appreciated the insight you shared with magenta1412582.

I always like it when a person takes the time to provide step by step instructions. Providing detailed steps of how to make contact with T-Force was very much appreciated.  Sharing your thoughts and reasons you feel that the written communication can be superior to phone interactions was very helpful. I don't do very well messaging in real time, because I don't type very fast. I feel bad if I think I am making a person wait a long time for my really slow reply. On the other hand you got me to thinking. I could take all the time I need to explain my problem by writing a summary of the issue before I even contact T-Force. Then it would just be a matter of copy, paste, send, and wait for requests for additional info. The rest of the communication would probably transpire quite rapidly.

Thanks for sharing how easy it is to use T-Force.

Art