Phones Rapidly Losing Charge?

kayasuma

Both my wife (iPhone 7) and myself (LG V20) have been noticing our batteries draining more rapidly than before.

Take, for example, myself.  I work from home, sitting at a desk all day and use my phone to play a couple hours of music during working hours and not much more.  The phone was at 99% when I took it off the charger at 9am to begin work.  It's now 3pm and the phone is nearly at 30%.  She uses hers quite a bit more than I do, during the day, but she's always been able to get through her day with a full charge.  Not any longer.

So I've gotta ask.  Are we alone in this problem?  If not, can T-Mobile explain?  There's no process out of the ordinary according to my battery manager.  Call me crazy, but it just sounds odd that we've both noticed this problem at the same time.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Phones Rapidly Losing Charge?

Hey, kayasuma!

From the two devices you mentioned, this sounds more like a coincidence. There are multiple factors that can impact battery life: phone constantly searching for signal, apps draining the battery, screen brightness, etc. When you go to your battery manager, what are the top 5 apps and battery percent usage? Also, can you share the same info that your wife is seeing on her iPhone?

• drnewcomb2

The first thing I tend to look at is the apps installed on the phone. Some apps stay resident and do "stuff" in the background. One app I won't have is Facebook. I use their mobile web interface. Some other apps I've found surprisingly "busy" include things like Walgreen's app. The best apps are the ones with the "EXIT" button.  The more you turn off, the better. Turning off WiFi, Location Services and Bluetooth all save battery. Most phones also have battery saving settings. 

• tmo_marissa

Hi kayasuma! Just checking in to see how your family's battery life is doing these days. Were you able to pinpoint what was draining your batteries so quickly, or take any steps to improve the situation?

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Any updates on the battery life for your phones kayasuma? We really wanna make sure this resolved. Please come back and let us know if you still need help. Thank you!