LineLink in DIGITS plan change

debjitjdv

tmo_evan tmo_chris

I added LineLInk to my grandfathered Simple Choice Plan today. I called the DIGITS special care number to make sure I can add the LienLink number to the DIGITS. The DIGITS representative was not sure and he has no idea whether I would be needed to migrate to T-Mobile One. I want to keep my grandfathered simple choice plan. Is it possible to include LineLink to DIGITS without moving to T-Mobile One?

All replies

• debjitjdv

Re: LineLink in DIGITS plan change

tmo_evan tmo_chris somehow after an hour of fight, the representative was able to change the LineLink to DIGITS compatible LineLink. I have not tested it fully but seems working. I shall post more if I face any issues.

There is one more issue. Supposedly I was about to port in my existing home number to LineLink and then convert it ti DIGITS compatible. Apparently, now I have done it in the reverse order i.e. I made LineLink DIGITS compatible but need to port in now. Is it possible now or do I have to wait until DIGITS is launched commercially? To my understanding it is possible since I changed my mobile number while enrolled in DIGITS and I just called the DIGITS helpline and they re-provisioned. My understanding is that if the TMobile ID is DIGITS compatible then port in wont affect anything else.

Please confirm. Thanks.

• tmo_evan

Sorry that you had to fight with the rep to getting the proper rateplan for LineLink.

In theory you could port your number into your LineLink and in theory it should not have any issues relative to DIGITS.  However the training we provided to the reps was not to allow folks to port in numbers into the DIGITS lines during the beta, just in case :-).   That said, you could probably find a willing rep in general care who will be happy to port over your number to LineLink and hopefully doesn't change your rateplan which they shouldn't do anyhow.   Or you could wait....

• debjitjdv

Thanks tmo_evan for your kind explanation. Well I am a risk taking person and I would go for the number port-in. Since theoretically the port in should not disturb anything, any mishap may trigger a bug which is otherwise unseen or unheard off. Then your team will get a shot to fix that and document that so that if someone faces the problem at launch, they know the fix. Sounds too adventurous right? Once the port in happen, I shall keep you posted about the outcome.

• debjitjdv

tmo_evan tmo_chris

Good news. I ported my Google Voice number to LineLink (please note that I already upgraded my normal LineLink to DIGITS compatible LineLink before number porting). And guess what..

VOILA !!.

After allowing almost 2 hours, everything including calls to and from LineLink device, calls to and from virtual mapping via S7 Edge and texts using virtual mapping on S7 Edge worked like charm. System automatically identified the number change and re-provisioned everything correctly. Wow !! BETA team. Congratulation. Awesome job. #MagentaLove to BETA team.