JUMP1 AppleCare confusion

startedwithasmile

I recently cracked my iPhone screen and I was happy to see T-Mobile offered AppleCare on the JUMP devices. I check the below URL and sure enough it said JUMP devices have AppleCare but to my surprise it only applied to JUMP2 devices and not JUMP1. I figured that out by calling since my Plan screen didn't show that and my problem here is the only indication it is JUMP2 is the 50% EIP note at the bottom. Sure seems to me this is deceptive and so long as JUMP1 customers exist, I think T-Mobile needs to clearly state which programs it applies to or make the services apply to both.

Premium Device Protection | Device Protection Plans | T-Mobile

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: JUMP1 AppleCare confusion

Hey, startedwithasmile

This can get a little confusing and I agree that changes should be made as crystal clear as possible. I have been looking over all of our updated policies for about an hour (not exaggerating) and do not see where it states that Apple Care isn't available to original JUMP! customers. However, just to be 110% sure, I'm reaching out to a few people to confirm this. I will hopefully have a definitive answer for you by this upcoming Tuesday.

• startedwithasmile

I can tell you once I was switched to JUMP2 the plan screen did show AppleCare as being on the device so while I think we both agree JUMP1 is or should be included and the screen doesn't say it is not, the system sure seems to think so.....

• tmo_amanda

Hey, startedwithasmile !

I'm sorry it has taken me a few days to get back to you. Our internal team verified that you can still add Apple Care even if you have JUMP! 1. However, you still have to meet the requirements of 50% of the device balance has to be paid off and the device must be in good condition according to these terms. Yes, this does essentially make your JUMP!1 feature act as the JUMP!2 option due to 50% of the balance needing to be paid vs upgrading every 6 months.

• startedwithasmile

Thank you Amanda for not forgetting about this post however what you are saying contradicts the terminology. The basis of the difference between JUMP1 and JUMP2 is 50% of the EIP is NOT required to do an upgrade. So requiring a 50% against the EIP for JUMP1 to have AppleCare basically turns it into JUMP2. I have to say that considering all of my troubles with CS agents and this it is extremely clear this is not clear on AppleCare and how it does or doesn't apply to JUMP1.

• tmo_marissa

I see where you're coming from, startedwithasmile. It makes sense that if our grandfathered features, like JUMP! 1, can't be modified with added protections like the addition of AppleCare+, then being up front about that and allowing customers to choose their preference (the increased opportunity to JUMP! more frequently without the EIP requirement or AppleCare+ on JUMP! 2) would be the right way to go. We'll definitely get the feedback passed along for you, and thank you so much for calling our attention to it.

- Marissa

• startedwithasmile

I actually asked to have the last line on my account changed from JUMP1 to JUMP2 and I was told that couldn't be done. The actual answer was it could only be done within 14 days of purchase and of course that makes ZERO sense since the two programs were never offered at the same time.....

So how do I change from JUMP1 to JUMP2 for the last line on my account since AppleCare isn't offered on JUMP1?

• rmarroq4

I just need to find out how to file my AppleCare claim cuz    is telling me. It's not with them they refered me to Assurant