can't receive mms

redletterdays

Anyone rockin' an Alcatel One Touch Fierce? I can't seem to get mms or even a notification when someone sends one to me. My phone was configured with the fast.t-mobile.com apn, and I changed it to epc.tmobile.com since it's not an LTE. But I still can't receive anything. I can send myself pictures all day, but that's it. I have a strong data signal, so I am just at a loss. 

All replies

• redletterdays

Re: can't receive mms

nevermind.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  I noticed the update - hopefully this means you were able to get this worked out, but if you still need assistance, please let us know!  I don't want to really delete your question or login info in haste.  Hope everything's going well!

- Marissa

• redletterdays

Nope. Still not receiving mms.

• tmo_marissa

Well that's no good!  I was hoping that the "nevermind" hinted at a positive change. 

Have you received MMS since you started using this phone - did they work previously and stop?  Aside from the APN change, have you tried any other troubleshooting?

- Marissa

• redletterdays

It has never worked, to my knowledge. I've never had a notification that someone has sent me an mms. I've tried using different messaging apps, disabling the native app, tweaking the apn, a cache wipe, a factory reset...I went to a TMO store and didn't get any help.

• tmo_marissa

That's bonkers!  I can't imagine never receiving a picture message - especially as a parent.  I am also so sorry to hear that we weren't helpful when you stopped by the store.

Kudos to you for the impressive list of steps you've taken to correct this - I'm sorry that none of them have been successful so far.  How long ago did you purchase the device?  Is it still under warranty? 

- Marissa

• redletterdays

It isn't.

I feel that there is a fix for this, I probably just do not see it.

• tmo_marissa

I can't imagine having a phone for over a year and never being able to receive a picture message, regardless of the messaging app.   If the device is out of warranty, and you've tried all the settings tweaks and troubleshooting, all the way through a master reset, the only avenue we haven't explored here would be a trouble ticket filed by our Tech team.  Have you had the opportunity to reach out to them at all?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! I just wanted to check in again and see if you'd had the opportunity to reach out to our Tech team. How is everything going?

- Marissa

• redletterdays

The problem persists. Every time I speak with someone from tech support, we go through the same steps and no results. I've also been given a variety of excuses for why I am having this problem. Everyone has been pleasant and patient, and the last person I spoke to refuted the store associates' claim that my device wasn't compatible and confirmed it was (thank you!), but I am very frustrated that this has not been resolved.