in call volume loud

sailor17

In call volume is too loud, I tried turning it down, but at the lowest level still seems loud.

Also, the registration process for forums seems cludgy at best.  Is a separate user and password required?  Because I login it states that email is all ready taken.  The only way I could get in was to click on an old reply in my email.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: in call volume loud

Hey, sailor17! Loud in-call volume is no good -- we don't want you to feel like everyone's shouting at you. What type of phone are you using? Is this a new device with a louder in-call volume than your previous phone, or did this issue just crop up recently on equipment you've been using for some time?

We also want to make sure that the registration process makes sense. Are you logging in with your legacy support credentials, or your T-Mobile ID?

- Marissa

• sailor17

Hello, it is the new S8.

Well, it would ask for me to put in an email address and it said it was "all ready taken".  somehow I must have a login cookie somewhere and when I click on the email I seem to be logged in without logging in again.

• artart

sailor17 wrote:

Hello, it is the new S8.

Well, it would ask for me to put in an email address and it said it was "all ready taken".

sailor17

I also received an "all ready taken" early last March

I had tried to log in and got a message that my username was invalid, not in the system, not recognized or something like that. I then tried to use my Email address instead of username and got the same not recognized response.

I tried to register a new account using the original "unrecognized" username. Now the system told me the name was "already taken" even though it didn't recognize the name when I tried to use it.   Subsequently I was told my unrecognized Email was "already taken" when I tried to use it during my reregistration process.

I finally was able to register using a different user name "ArtArt", which I am now using. I also had to use a new Email addy since my old one was "already taken".

Everything has worked ok since then. I don't know if my solution would be relevant in your case. At least you were able to get in to the forum. I had to change my username and Email address to get in.

Just posting some additional data to possibly aid in troubleshooting your issue.

Art

• tmo_marissa

So, regarding your S8 - does it seem like the volume slider is working? If you turn it up first, and then down, can you note a difference? Just wanting to be sure that the matter is that the lowest setting is not low enough, and not that there's an issue with the volume as a whole.

Regarding your login concern -- when you're logging in on the Support Community home screen, are you selecting the "Log in with your T-Mobile ID" option or the "Log in with your Community Credentials" option when you enter your email and see the error message? It almost sounds like the system's trying to sign you up instead of log you in, which could be a serious problem! If you clear your cache and cookies and try again, do you still have the same issue? Thanks for letting us know!

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

Hey, sailor17!

I just wanted to swing by to see if you had a chance to look over Marissa's last response to you. We want to make sure everything is running smoothly with your brand new S8!

• tmo_marissa

Ahoy, sailor17! Just dropping in again to see if you're having better luck with your in call volume or logging in -- please let us know if you still need help!

- Marissa