Branched to a new discussion.

Any one have 2+2 free lines plan from Nov 2016

magenta1348736

I joined Tmobile 2+2 lines back in Nov 2016, paying $120+ tax for 4 lines. It seems to be a good deal. Fast forward to Jan 2017, I chose to change to Tmobile one tax/fee included, per Tmobile website, the new plan rate should be $130 including everything. But until now, the plan charge of my bill is still 120+20+20=160. Any one in the same boat as me? I could not find the original Tmobile description on its website. Google search found this,

[Megathread] T-Mobile Next: Taxes & Fees Included Q&A : tmobile

If I signed up for T-Mobile ONETM during the 4th line free promotion (or buy 2 get 2) will my price increase?

As a reward for being an early adopter of T-Mobile ONE, customers on these earlier promotions are exclusively eligible for a new promotion that saves them even more money than their current monthly service charge after taxes/fees.

• If you have the 4th line free promo, you currently pay $140 plus taxes and fees for 4 lines. The new offer for those customers is 4 lines for $150 with taxes and fees included. These customers will save even more money than with the promo
    • Buy 2 Get 2 price goes from $120 + taxes and fees to $130 with taxes and fees included.
    • You will lose any ‘free lines’ you have, but in virtually all cases you will save money vs either promotion.

Messaging tmobile rep does not help much, any suggestions? is there any offer code for this?

thanks,

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

I want to help sort this out because the last thing you need is a bill that's higher than you expected. Just to be clear, you do have 4 lines correct? I'm looking at the Cell Phone Plans | Unlimited Data Plans | T-Mobile One  page and I am showing the T-Mobile All In plan for 4 lines is $160 with taxes and fees included. Was this the plan you opted for or was this promotional plan that came out around the January time frame?

• barcodeable

Were you able to reach customer care to fix this problem????

• bill_f

Did you get resolution to this problem? I have the same exact problem and have been on the phone several times with various levels of t-mobile reps and they don't see it. I have spent several frustrating hours over several months with t-mobile on the phone and they can't resolve it. I've been with t-mobile for years but thinking of dumping them because of it. All they have to do is look at the FAQ from January 2017 when they rolled it out. Fortunately everything on the internet is archived and here's the link below if anyone wants to look. It's under the "Got Questions" link.

T-Mobile One | One Price Unlimited Phone & Data Plans for Everyone 

• critteritter

I actually am working with a rep as we speak to try and get the same issue resolved. I'll let you know what I find out.

• rodneyadams

Re: Any one have 2+2 free lines plan from Nov 2016

I am having the exact same problem..  I signed up for the 2 + and get 2  free (4)lines for $120 a month in November.  Then when the taxes included plan came out, they started messing up my billing!  Every month, I have to call in to tmobile and get a credit because it appears they messed up and took me off that plan.  So they are charging me for 2 lines that i dont really even use.   Now i have talked to many and they say that they will get me back on that plan.  Everytime, they say they will call back in 4 days or so and never do!  Defiantly frustrating and I'm thinking about switching bc of this issue as well.  Let me know if you all get any results soon and I will do the same..  Thanks

• nelfar212

I have a question, have you looked at your bill fully to be on the safe side, TMO often provides it's promo plans rates in the form of bill credits,

for example: I added a wearable plan last year that is $15.00(after a $10.00) bill credit. My Bill shows the $15.00 being billed then a (10.00) credit I pay $5 plus tax/fees. same deal with my Tablet and extra voice line, My Tablet bills @$35.00mo  and I receive a ($12,50) credit, Voice line bills @$30.00(12.00).

• dsherrets@gmail.com

Yes I have had the same issue since day 1 of signing up for F&F two lines on us in Nov 2016.  I've had to continually call to get my bill credits.

Originally I signed up for on the limited 6Gig plan. Then upgraded to Tmobile 1 when it went tax inclusive back in early 2017.

And TODAY I get a text saying they we are no longer eligible for the 2 lines on us!   I called and they said it did not apply to the tax inclusive plan. That I had to go back to the tax-exclusive plan.

Bologna!  I asked a LOT of questions before upgrading to make sure I would not jeopardize my free two lines!

This is so frustrating that I'm ready to switch to Verizon or Google Fi.

Does anyone have a copy of the original offer details?

• dmls1

Did you ever get it sorted?

I am in the same situation. I originally signed up for 2 lines on us in November 2016 and in early 2017 added the tax inclusive plan bringing me to 130 a month for lines since I was an early adopter. But I've had to call in every month because they couldn't get it right. This month I called and had a bad experience with a rep that seemed to be having a bad day. Well anyway they supposedly got me on the right plan but now I no longer have my tax inclusive. I've been trying to get them to get me on the plan I signed up for for over a year now calling in every month.

The uncarrier will not change your plan. The uncarrier gives options.

Well they just took away my tax included plan which is what I signed up for during the promotion. And I also always research and double check by asking before committing so I don't lose what what I want to keep...who knew they would take back what they gave me.

• bradgrant

There were a numerous number of problems with the 2 lines on us. I wish they would make a return of it so people who had problems could at least add two free lines without hassle. The problems were small but numerous. They deployed the 2 lines on us messy. If you added kickback it would kick the free lines off. If you made a slight change it would kick the lines off. The lines on us also would get kicked off if you had a free line already and tried to add 2 free lines. There were so many problems. It took me an entire year to solved them.