My Note 5 Is ejecting sim card...

cstylz

occasionally when i look down on my phone i see a message saying that my sim card has been ejected and to restart my phone. the last time i restarted i wound up getting an hours worth of messages while the sim was ejected. needless to say i havent done anything to the phone other than to do a factory reset after the nougat update. does anyone else have this problem?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: My Note 5 Is ejecting sim card...

Hmm, that's certainly annoying.

Have you tried a replacement SIM to see if it's the possibly the SIM card itself?

-Lauren

• cstylz

i have visited the store and gave me a new sim card. as soon as the device powered on it displayed the same problem. i really dont want to switch it out for another refurbished model. i have had extremely bad luck with your replacement models.

• tmo_marissa

Well, shoot cstylz! 0 for 2 with the SIM card route is not the best place to be. Do you have a friend with T-Mobile service whose SIM you could test as well? Two defective SIMs isn't probable, but it's still possible. If the issue occurs with a third SIM, then I'd look at a software issue or the device itself. Have you tried a factory reset again since you started seeing this error message, or just the initial reset after the update? I'm sorry to read you've had bad experiences with replacement equipment -- is the phone you're using now a replacement device?

- Marissa

• cstylz

sorry for the late reply. yes the model in question was a replacement. i recently visited one of your stores and switched out the phone. now the replacement phone is doing the same thing. i am getting very annoyed at the fact that i am paying hundreds for a phone only to have it switched out again and again.

• tmo_mike_c

This is a real shame cstylz but we appreciate you letting us know about this. I think Marissa has some great suggestions worth trying. Have you given them a shot to see if they help? Please come back and give us an update. We wanna make sure you have a working phone. Thanks!

• cstylz

i had done everything the technician on the phone asked of me as well as taken the defective model into the store. i was sent a replacement model and that model just now started acting up.

• cstylz

tried to chat with your customer service online and the rep just left half way through the conversation. please change your call/help centers from the Philippines. last thing to note, i put the sim in my girlfriends phone it worked. so it is a phone issue. now i have to wait until 10am in the morning to go into a store so they can send me a phone that will get to me by weds. at the same time pay a deposit for a loaner phone then pay another 5 dollars once i get my replacement unit for the replacement unit i received. awesome

• tmo_marissa

Ugh, cstylz, what a bummer to read. I will definitely forward the feedback regarding LiveChat. I'm sorry to read that the replacement device was the issue here -- I know our exchange process has changed with the in-store model, as fees must be charged up front for the system to advance; but we do have a current policy to provide an account credit for the fee if the replacement equipment is defective within 30 days of the exchange (90 days if you're covered by an extended warranty via insurance), among other reasons. I know that doesn't get you back your time or effort, and I wish we had a Doc Brown hanging around to travel back in time and get you a replacement device that worked well in the first place -- but I do want to put it out there. A team with account access will need to apply the adjustment, but if you contact our T-Force team online through Twitter DM or Facebook PM and simply link them to this thread, they'll know the policy we're referring to.

Please let us know how the replacement does when you receive it, and I'm sorry that you're going through this again!

- Marissa

• cstylz

thank you for the replies. i visited one of your stores in Corona, CA on ontario ave and magnolia. the customer service rep there by the name of melvyn went above and beyond the call when he took the extra time to check out my phone. very cordial and polite even though i wasnt exactly in the best of moods. please forward my regards of this person to the appropriate person. i honestly felt like i was a valued customer.

• tmo_marissa

Absolutely! Will do. I am so glad that you had a positive experience after all of the device trouble -- it sounds like Melvyn is a credit to T-Mobile and upholding the standard we want for all of our employees by providing the experience we want for all of our customers. We'll make sure we pass the feedback along, and thank you so much for taking a moment to return and let us know!

- Marissa