Your POOR service saved me $$$ Thank You

magenta1356671

3 years ago.... Wifes phone needs replacement. Order online. Phone gets here fast but is DOA. Call support. Phone has to be sent back and checked before new one gets sent out... Huh? So what does my wife use in the mean time? ask for a refund. Went to amazon and had a new working phone for my wife in 2 days.

2 years ago... My phone gets stolen. Make a beeline to the store to get it turned off and get a new phone. I buy one of the sale phones. I asked several times if the phone had gorilla glass. Promised it did... 3 days later glass is cracked. can you guess that its not gorilla glass. Go to the store... they deny it. Call support and its sorry we cannot help you. Ended up fixing the phone myself.

Today... go in to kill my @home service at the tmobile store. See the K20 plus on sale. Tell the sales guy I need 2. Tells me he needs to charge me $20 extra per phone. Tell him no way. He says buy it online. I explain my past experience doing this and again tell him no I will just buy elsewhere. He tells me with my 10 plus years at tmobile customer service should wave the fee. Call them.I call CS. Get told no they are NOT going to help me. I tell them what the store told me and my years as a customer. She calls the store and then calls me back saying what I told her was untrue. I'm a liar. Huh? I explain how I will buy my phones elsewhere and get service elsewhere. She is fine with that....

Hit amazon. Got 2 moto G5's coming in the mail tomorrow cheaper than the K20's would have cost me. Better phone... Cheaper price.

So THANK YOU Tmobile for saving me money on my phones and getting me to look at what other carriers are charging. i could not have made the switch without your customer support....

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Ouch, magenta1356671.  While I am all about saving $$$, I am so sorry to read that a series of negative experiences with us were what pushed you in another direction.  I'm glad that your bank account will stay fuller - don't get me wrong - but reading about these situations over the past three years is a total bummer.
        It's tough to parse each of these situations, but the underscore seems to be that we could have done a much better job of providing complete and accurate information in each scenario.  If we (or Assurant or Asurion?) required a return of the defective equipment prior to shipping a replacement, we needed to provide an explanation for that.  We should also be able to give you accurate information regarding the tech specs of equipment that we sell.  The most recent situation is especially vexing.  As far as I know, the upgrade support fee doesn't have a waiver policy, so by insinuating or encouraging you to contact another channel of support I feel like we did you a major disservice and essentially set you up for disappointment.

I'm so sorry about the way that this played out.  I assure you that we definitely value your business - ten years worth or ten days worth.  Though the Support Community is a user forum, which means that we don't have the ability to access accounts and review details or particulars, we can definitely pass on feedback in a general sense.  I'm sending you a PM to find out a little more information about this most recent experience, if you'd be so kind as to check your inbox in a few moments.  Thank you for the time you've taken to let us know what happened here.

- Marissa

• magenta1356671

Thanks for the reply even though it does not change anything. The only reason I stayed with Tmo all these years was the @home service. The funny thing is what started this last chain of events was the loss of that service. I actually tried to go over to the new service but hit a wall. They wanted a credit card over the phone. I don't give CC numbers over the phone. I asked to do it at a store or through a secure portal. Was told no. I told the rep if there was no other way to do this than I would kill the service. NO FLEXABILITY what so ever. Did not seem to care they were losing a customer.

Thats what put me into the store. Trust me when I say I had no intentions to EVER buy a phone from tmo again. Seeing my wife looking at it caused an impulse reaction. I guess its kind of good that the crap went down again.

Its so easy to get a quality phone now at really good prices with excellent support and warranty. Even buying through a chinese vendor will get you a really good phone. As far as prices go for service... The field has flattened. Tmo is not offering anything better.

With your own phone and no contracts you don't have to put up with bad service anymore and thats the best thing to happen for us customers.

My new phones get here tomorrow and hopefully by wen the pink nightmare will be over for good.

• magenta1356671

There were so many chances here to get it right. But at every step it was failure after failure.

The replacement service for my @home failed... The store failed to even mention the new service when I killed the line. The failed when they let me walk out without new phones. They big time failed with fee waiver for someone thats been with you 14 years. When I called about loyalty ( sent to the web site for phone deals ) Fail. When I talked to the rep about fee waiver and called a liar Fail.

Its hard for me to believe a company could drop the ball this badly at every level. so many opportunities to keep my business...

Time for me to let this go...

• tmo_marissa

I see all of those opportunities, magenta1356671 - and we are appreciative of the time you've taken to bring them to our attention.  I know I mentioned this in the private message I sent, but truly we can't improve on what we don't know we've missed; so your feedback here is invaluable.

I wish that we'd been more informative every step of the way - from advising you of the opportunity to switch to LineLink (and being up front about the differences between the two), to setting accurate expectations around the Upgrade Support fee.  Currently, you can avoid the fee by purchasing online; but I can also appreciate your desire for a tenure-based fee waiver - and though we aren't in the position to call these shots ourselves, I'm happy to pass that feedback on.  We do welcome customers who wish to bring their own equipment; and it sounds like you found a great deal online through another retailer - totally cool!  We want our customers to purchase their equipment in the way that works best for them; which is why we broke the industry contract/upgrade model by lowering rates and being transparent about the "free upgrade" price that was always built into the pricing over that mandatory two years.  I want to stress that it is totally awesome that you found great phones for a great price; we simply wish that it wasn't a negative experience with us that drove you to look elsewhere. 
                Thanks again for taking the time to follow up with me in PM; and be so thorough and honest in your feedback here. 

- Marissa