John Legere and the Community

I cannot remember if it was tmo_chris  or tmo_ryan that I spoke with about John's involvement or awareness of the Community and what his input and opinion of it was.  Where did he see it going and in what way did he value it as a support and customer service tool?  He seems to have a hand in almost everything T-Mobile-related, but have never seen him nor heard from him in this respect.

All replies

• artart

Re: John Legere and the Community

snn_555 wrote:

John's involvement or awareness of the Community and what his input and opinion of it was.

did he value it as a support and customer service tool? He seems to have a hand in almost everything T-Mobile-related, but have never seen him nor heard from him in this respect.

Hi snn_555

Great question.

I have to believe Mr Legere might "lurk" in these forums to get customer feedback first hand. I wonder how many times John might even sign in anonymously as  a "newbe" just to directly interact  with customers. In any event, I am sure someone high up in the food chain monitors this community, and reports directly to Legere, anything worthy of his direct intervention or attention.

Art

• tmo_chris

Hey snn_555,

That was me that you sent a PM to regarding this. You can rest assured that he is aware of the support community and while he may not be out here posting up a storm like he does on Social, he does understand the benefits of the support community. Now that our Support Community got its much needed face-lift and can support mobile browsing, we will be pushing this site much more as a customer service resource. It did not make much sense to promote our community before the redesign beings that it didn’t even support mobile browsing haha.

• I always knew this was another venue for support, but I'm not sure I agree with it being an advertised source of support given it is mainly bolstered by paying customers and not paid CSRs.

Im contributing where I can to help better shape this community into a mobile version, but so far I'm missing the flow of the old desktop version.

I also find find that why it is easily read, there are fewer options for functions. I know it was said that Jive had a limitation as far as inserting pics and font, color, etc....but as I type this now I cannot see what I am typing because the screen does not scroll as I type and this dang pink Message Us bubble is still in my face. Add too I cannot edit posts after submitting.

Anyhoo. If this is going to be a huge resource to offload customer issues to from actual CSRs, John should make an appearance, at least for the benefit of those coming here from elsewhere around the web. A few tweets with links and snippets of input and info might also promote traffic.

• stevetjr

I know from personal experience that he and Mike Sievert (COO) are aware of it or at least have read one particular thread.   I have been on this site for sometime and sometime about a year after John Legere started the "uncarrier" movement a customer on this site was getting railroaded by a salesman at her local TMO store.  She was a single mom, had done all her research new exactly which phone, which plan and had it down to the dollar what it should be and could afford. Obviously the salesman was lying thru his teeth for the commissioner and essentially walked her rather than give her the what she wanted and was clearly entitled to.  Normally I would just suggest a different store but there were none that were close.  I was so happy that TMO was growing like gang busters again but knew now that the getting was good that some sales folks that had struggled for years now had a gravy train and were going to make up for the lean years.  Not wanting to see the "movement" stall because of it I tweeted John Legere a link to the thread and pointed out the problem and made my concern going forward that they will need to really watch this. 

Within 30 minutes he tweeted me back and included Mike Sievert the COO who reached out and said that after reading it was definitely something they wanted to get resolved and were concerned.  They asked if Ami Silverman (who is now with Microsoft) who was the Senior VP of sales and operations could call me.  She called and at first thought I knew the person with the issue and said no I just help out on this forum and she was oh ok that makes sense as to what Mike told her she just put it together.  I explained everything of how this poor Mom posted her challenge and that she really wanted to leave her other carrier and also voiced my concern which she said was a valid concern and something they were trying to watch closely.   They asked if I had her contact info and stated I didn't only her user name on this fourm and she said they will figure it out. 

The Mom came back on the forum to say she had gotten a call from TMO and they took care of everything and if I remember correctly gave her the first 3 months of service for free.  She will probably be a TMO customer for life, she was duly impressed that after posting on a user support forum that a VP of the company would personally call her and resolve her problem.

So yup I know they are aware of it :-)