As if Jive wasn't bad enough already......

drnewcomb2

As if Jive wasn't bad enough on its own, T-Mobile has to take disorganization to a whole new level with the new support forum. Almost impossible to sort out.  The few tricks that still worked for sorting out and finding topics seem to have vanished. Bummer.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Yikes!  drnewcomb2 - I swear it took me an embarrassing amount of time (and espresso) to figure out our sorts this morning even with coworkers guiding me, so you're not alone.  Is sorting easier if you start here: Content?  That's how we do it, but granted, we're looking over everything.  Is there something in particular you're looking for?  We value your contributions here and don't want to make it difficult for you to participate.

- Marissa

• dragon1562

i felt the same way at first but i'm slowly getting used to it. I agree though its super frustrating.

• dragon1562

for fun though drnewcomb2 tag your it you should get some points now for the achievement if i did it right. While I'm here though tmo_marissa why can't I "personalize " my account is that functionality lacking. Trying to get points haha.tidbits maybe you know.

• tidbits

Re: As if Jive wasn't bad enough already......

Hey waiting for a plane, being on a plane flying home >.< get's pretty boring lol

• tmo_lauren

drnewcomb2 It's definitely a new layout and massive change from where we were previously, but I think once you get the hang of it, it's much easier to navigate. Is there a specific way you like to view or search for stuff on the site? I might be able to get you in the right direction with more info on what you are looking for. Myself for example has a WAY easier time just watching activity stream in from everywhere as opposed to watching individual spaces, etc. (although both options are available) and then sort of going from there. Just let me know! And if you have direct feedback, harsh or not, please don't hesitate to get as specific as possible. The site is still in its infancy and we recognize there is always growing to do!

dragon1562 Marissa is off for the day, but I am happy to help! Was there anything specific you were wanting to personalize on your account? I'll let you know if it's possible and how to do it, and if it's not, I'll get that feedback passed to our dev team to see if there's anything we can do!

-Lauren

• drnewcomb2

Here's what I see when I open the support page:

Tell me again how great it is. Oh BTW, there are several replies to posts I've made but the little magenta circle on the upper right shows "0".

• tmo_lauren

Hmm. That's a new one. Have you replicated the issue in a different browser? Can you tell me here or in PM what browser you are using and any other pertinent info to getting a fix through.

The inbox notification error is a known issue we are working through with Jive, so that's definitely been brought to our attention and is getting worked on.

Please continue sharing any thoughts or issues. I'm not going to tell you it's perfect, but I can tell you we'll be working on everything we can to fix bugs and general site sentiment.

Thanks!

• drnewcomb2

When I scrolled way down (several pages worth) I came to the content. It's not doing that now. I use Firefox and Opera. Opera doesn't like Jive at all, so the only one I use for T-Mobile support is Firefox. (Don't ask me to install Chrome: ain't gonna happen.)

This time when I log in, I didn't get the blank screen.

• barcodeable

the same thing happens when i look at my inbox. [The appearing and disappearing messages] But if i click on a link and then look (viola, my messages are there)... but if i hit another link to another page it resets back to ZERO.... I thought I was the only one with this problem, but obviously others are experiencing it as well.

im using an Ipad Mini 3

Safari web browser... and i am not sure what ios version im using, im too lazy to even check

• stevetjr

drnewcomb2  This is the link I use to get to what is as close as you can get to the old main "activity" screen that you could see all the threads.

https://support.t-mobile.com/content?filterID=all~objecttype~objecttype%5Bthread%5D

Since there is no button or tab to select on the page or when you get the drop down when you click your picture I ended up just pasting the link on my browser's quick bookmarks tab.  Not as easy as clicking your picture and selecting or just going to the main page as before but works.  I guess after almost 5 years on the site, old dog new tricks lol but agree it doesn't seem to "flow" as well IMHO.  I suppose if you are coming on just to ask one question probably not as bad but for those of us that are here to "help" watching all the threads seems a bit more of a process.

The other thing I miss is a quick bar within the page to make a new thread, maybe I am just missing it but seems a lot more of a challenge to post something.

• tmo_amanda

I want to thank everyone for their feedback! It has been extremely helpful and is much appreciated. Keep it coming!

We're going to lock this thread as we have an official feedback thread that is actively being monitored - while we can't state enough that we want to hear it all; the existing thread's URL has been passed to other teams who helped with this launch.

Support Community Makeover Thread: Feedback Edition