Branched to a new discussion.

ZTE zinger z667t OTA B11

magenta1310985

Someone can tell me why in the tmobile page there is only the B10 update, but my zinger was updated to B11 and after updating it does not start. It stays in the logo.

All replies

• htghtg

Re: ZTE zinger z667t OTA B11

Hi, magenta1310985 !

I'm going to take a swing at this one. Typically when your phone is bricked (admittedly I've done this WAAY too many times) you won't be able to do much. However, I would still like you to try a master reset for me.

Please follow the directions on the Device resets: ZTE Zinger page and get back to me as soon as possible.

I also have a couple of questions for you to answer, if at all possible! They are important because it may be covered under warranty (the person I talked to seemed to think it was) and can be sent to the service center to be flashed. (EDIT: to clarify, I was speaking with ZTE USA)

Firstly, when did you buy the phone?

Secondly, does it have any damage (water, dropped, etc.)?

Please let me know as soon as you can!

HTGHTG

Resources:

• magenta1310985

Thanks friend, I remember buying it when it was just released. December 2014. The truth I claim because it is not my fault. I do not understand why the manufacturer provides an update that leaves the phone unusable. It has no knocks or anything like that. Accept the update and became a brick. I've done a hard reset but it's still the same. Thanks for your help.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta1310985! I'm so sorry to read about your phone. I know the fantastic htghtg is recommending every helpful thing under the sun; but if it's still not working, then there may be an issue with the update.
            You would need to work with ZTE to double check for pricing/shipping, as mentioned above, but that would be your best bet for resolution here. We have had a few reports of this issue -- threads here ZTE Zinger bricked by B11 OTA update and here ZTE Zinger  recovery -- and for the time being are passing them on to our contact who works with ZTE. If we need additional details I will absolutely reach out to you. Thank you so much for taking the time to post here, please let us know what options are provided when you reach out to the manufacturer.

- Marissa

• rich20

Good.
              My name is RICHARD.

Sorry, I do not speak English.
              SPANISH ONLY. AND USE THE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR.

I am from Venezuela.

I have the same problem

I got the update zte zinger and once it was applied, I left the phone without a signal and with the message "only emergency calls"

Screenshot_2016-12-12-19-57-29.png

THIS IS A CAPTURE OF THE UPDATE MESSAGE

Screenshot_2017-04-25-20-56-02.png

SO I GET OFF AFTER UPDATING, AND THE MESSAGE ONLY EMERGNECIA CALLS

Screenshot_2017-04-25-20-28-26.png

AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE TOP, YOU WILL NOT BE SIGNED AND CALLING THE CALL SHOWS THE MESSAGE FROM. NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK.

IF ANY HAVE GOT THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM. AND I COULD HELP I THANK YOU.....

• tmo_marissa

Welcome, rich20. I'm sorry to hear you were also impacted by this issue. As I mentioned in the previous post, we are tracking and forwarding these reports, and will definitely return with any new information we learn, or if we need specific information from those who are experiencing issues with this update -- any additional comments on this thread should arrive in your email inbox, because by default posting on a thread means you're following it. In the interim, we are recommending that users reach out to ZTE for assistance, as these devices are typically beyond warranty coverage under the supplemental one year warranty program that T-Mobile honors on the part of the manufacturer. That said, if you're using this phone on a T-Mobile line with insurance coverage, then the insurance does offer an additional warranty extension, so you should be able to Contact Us for an exchange.

I can only imagine the rude surprise it is to update your phone only to find it's no longer functional -- we are committed to reporting these incidents and will share anything we learn. Thank you for taking the time to comment here and share these screen shots!

- Marissa