dipu311597

Hello,

I have bought iPhone 6s that's locked to the T-Mobile network. After completing my 18 months of contract with T-Mobile we have received a option to make the final settlement and get the Iphone Unlocked. Hence we made the full and Final settlement and once the amount was posted and device was ready to be Unlocked - we called T-Mobile. Customer support said they will send the Unlock code and steps through Email within 24 Hrs. But I never received any email from TMobile(even checked in Spam folders). When I gave a return call to TMobile they are asking me to wait for another 14 days and said "they cannot help in this regards and asked me to have patience". What if I say them I will not pay this month as I have no money - Have Patience! Is that how this company operates. Can anyone help me in getting my device unlocked?

All replies

• htghtg

dipu311597 ,

You may be able to get somewhere by contacting T-Force on Facebook/Twitter, but I'm not entirely sure they will be able to help in terms of shortening the 14 day period. They may have more information on what is causing the delay in receiving the code, which may prove helpful. You can use the Social Media buttons south of this post as a shortcut to T-Force.

HTGHTG

Resources:

• tmo_marissa

Hey there, dipu311597.  I just wanted to check in and see if you'd had a chance to reach out to T-Force as htghtg suggested.  To be honest, the fourteen day timeline typically comes when an IMEI isn't in our database and the unlock process takes additional time to verify with the manufacturer.  In your case, that seems a little wonky given that you're describing a device purchased from us and financed through the JUMP! On Demand program (from the sound of it).  I'm hoping that we made some sort of clerical error when inputting the IMEI, here - were you able to get your device unlocked, or are you still waiting?

Just to offer a little clarification around the process, too - iPhones are unlocked remotely by Apple; unlike Android equipment there's not a code.  In case that email arrives, I don't want you to trouble yourself hunting for a code in the copy!  Please let us know how you're doing - I certainly hope you're in a better position now than when this was originally posted.  Thanks!

- Marissa

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • thomasper

Hi Marissa,

I have a similar question, I bought iPhone 6s from my friend and he told me that it's t-mobile unlocked, but it doesn't work for other carrier.  He tried to contact you but didn't get any answear. Is there a chance to unlock the sim lock? I could send you an imei.

Regards

Thomas

• tmo_marissa

Welcome, thomasper, thanks for asking! 
                  In this situation, your friend would need to Contact Us and work with a team with account access to verify that the original unlock was processed correctly -- either by calling Customer Care or communicating with T-Force via Twitter or Facebook. Since there are device, usage, and account requirements to Unlock your mobile wireless device, we'd need to work with the person who originally owned or used the device on their T-Mobile account so that we can confirm eligibility. Legally, we wouldn't be able to access your friend's account unless they had you listed as an authorized user... if that was the case and you're listed on the account, then you're welcome to reach out to one of the teams mentioned above!

- Marissa

• thomasper

Hello Marissa,

thank you for replying I realy appreciate that.

Please can you tell me what my friend should do? I know that ha called

customer care and he also went to the T-mobile store. And customer care

says that he should go back instore  and when he goes to the store they

tell him that he should call the customer care.

Please can you give me some specify directions what should he do to unlock

the phone?

Thank you.

Tegards

Thomas

• tmo_marissa

Hey, thomasper. I'm sorry to say, the only specific instructions I can offer are truly to contact a team with account access.

If some insight on the unlock process is helpful, basically they'll need the number and password for the account your friend used the iPhone on. From there they'd review the IMEI, check the usage history, and then check that the account itself meets the necessary qualifications. At that point, a request is submitted to our offline team. Once approved, our team sends an email to the customer and another message to Apple. The email we send to our customer (in this case, your friend) outlines the instructions to wait 24 hours and then walk through a reset (typically connected to iTunes) to complete the unlock. The message to Apple lets them know that we've approved the device for unlocking, which they do remotely on their side within that 24 hour period. Has your friend gotten that email? Can I ask what reason you're being given to visit the store?

- Marissa

• thomasper

Thank you Marissa for your help. I realy appreciate it.

I forwarded your message to my friend, i hope we will solve the problem.

Regards

Thomas

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia 21 maj 2017 o godz. 19:15 Marissa <no-reply@t-mobile.com> napisał(a):

T-Mobile Support

You have been mentioned

by Marissa in Re: No Support for Unlocking iPhone 6S bought from TMobile in T-Mobile Support - View Marissa's reference to you

Hey, thomasper. I'm sorry to say, the only specific instructions I can offer are truly to contact a team with account access.

If some insight on the unlock process is helpful, basically they'll need the number and password for the account your friend used the iPhone on. From there they'd review the IMEI, check the usage history, and then check that the account itself meets the necessary qualifications. At that point, a request is submitted to our offline team. Once approved, our team sends an email to the customer and another message to Apple. The email we send to our customer (in this case, your friend) outlines the instructions to wait 24 hours and then walk through a reset (typically connected to iTunes) to complete the unlock. The message to Apple lets them know that we've approved the device for unlocking, which they do remotely on their side within that 24 hour period. Has your friend gotten that email? Can I ask what reason you're being given to visit the store?

- Marissa

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences