4G LTE in Cambridge, MA

emilyweng97

Normally I can get 4G LTE when I turn my data on (zip code: 02139), but the last few days all I'm getting is E (or EDGE), which is pretty useless for what I need it for. Any idea(s) why?

All replies

• htghtg

Re: 4G LTE in Cambridge, MA

Hello, emilyweng97 !

Short version: Possible network improvements and/or congestion problems.

Long version:

Cambridge, Massachusetts is a pretty diverse area in terms of T-Mobile Service. You should be receiving a strong LTE signal while out and about in Cambridge. Viewing the LTE Comparison Map suggested that perhaps its a congestion problem rather than signal availability. The coverage map can be viewed at the link in the preceding sentence or in the following screenshot.

CambridgeAreaLTE.png

There is a high probability that there are tower improvements currently underway in that area, which would explain the absence of LTE. I insist you Contact Them to find out more about your specific location. If it is tower enhancements, they will probably be able to give you an ETA on when that will be completed if you call (depending on the type of improvement).

T-Mobile had already rolled out Band 12 LTE, so once everything is back up and running, you should be able to see some LTE connectivity in some buildings. You can see the Band 12 LTE coverage map here. Or you can see it in the following screenshot where it shows a Band 12 Site pretty much in the middle of the location.

ExtendedRLTE_Cambridge.png

If you ever have any issues in terms of coverage you can also put in a service request by Contacting Them directly.

If you need any information regarding whether your device is able to connect with the available bands in this area, please let me know. If yes, make sure you include the phone you currently use/will use.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments!

HTGHTG

Resources:

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey emilyweng97!  I know it's been a few days since your post - are you still having trouble with LTE in Cambridge, or does it seem like it may have been a temporary outage?  Did you have a chance to look over the super helpful breakdown htghtg offered above, and if so, did you wind up reaching out to our Tech team?  I hope the matter's improved, but please let us know if you still need assistance!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Happy Thursday, emilyweng97!  Stopping by to see how you're doing with coverage in Cambridge.  Are you seeing any LTE lately?  Please let us know if you're still having trouble with your signal!

- Marissa