yang95

I have a verizon galaxy s5 phone that I use. I installed a tmobile sim card and am currently on the $30/month prepaid plan. I've changed all APN settings to tmobile settings and cannot figure out why I have some small issues with only calling. It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally for example, if someone calls me and I don't pick up, I will not receive any missed calls notification or any missed calls in my call history. Is there any way I can fix this small issue? (currently in the hiring process for a job so this would be a great fix in case I get a call)

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Phone not receiving missed calls?

Yikes, yang95 ! We don't want this to get in the way of a potential job offer. Are you able to receive voicemails just fine? It's possible that a ticket needs to be filed with our Tech Support team. Essentially what happens is our network sends a message to your phone when there's a missed call. Your phone may not be receiving that message or we may not be sending it. 

• tmo_mike_c

Hi and thanks for posting. It's a shame that you're phone is misfiring with the missed call notifications. Is this still an issue or were you able to get this resolved? If this is still going on, do you know if this is happening while you're in or around specific areas? Any other details you can give us would be great. Please keep us posted.

• tmo_marissa

Welcome, yang95! Amanda had a great suggestion for contacting us, and it looks like Mike asked a few clarifying questions to see if we might be able to narrow down what's happening with a few more details. Please let us know if you're still having trouble with this -- we absolutely do not want you to appear unprofessional during your job application process because you're not able to return calls that you don't know you've missed! Thank you.

- Marissa

• yang95

Hello I apologize for the late reply. This is still an ongoing issue. I have attempted to reset my phone to factory settings and the problem still exists. In response to Mike's question, it may be location dependent. In the example I used in my original post, I was in my friend's basement and I did not have strong cell signal. My girlfriend called and I did not know she had called until I looked at her call log and I noticed she did! However it did not show up in my call log as a missed call.

And also to address Amanda's question, yes I do receive voicemails just fine. However I have to use the tmobile visual voice mail app.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha, @yang95! Thanks for letting us know!
                    In the scenario you described -- your friend's basement, calls going straight to voicemail without ringing -- not getting a notification of a call you miss is normal. If the network can't pass the call to your phone, it also can't let you know you missed the call. You'd only know if the person who tried you left a voicemail.

However, if you've got your phone on the passenger seat and hear it ringing but don't answer for safety concerns (yay, responsible you!), but still have no missed call notification once you've parked and pick it back up - that's another story.
                    Have you ever seen this behavior (no missed call notifications) when you have great service?

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Marissa gave a great explanation of how the services will work based on your scenario. Just checking in to make sure this all makes sense. We'd also like to know if this is happening when you have really good service. If so, there's a little more work we'll need to do to fix that. Please keep us posted. Thanks!