rsnic

Hi,

I just got a new S8 and it is absolutely terrific!

I am having one challenge that I need some assistance with. When I set up my EMail account, I used the EXACT same server setting as I had on my old S4 (to include delete EMail from server, when deleted from Inbox); with my old S4 whenever I deleted a message on it, it was gone so that when I looked at my EMail on my PC, it was like I said gone.  That is not the case, however, with my S8 -- EMail seem to stay on server despite my deleting them on my phone.

Also, how do I synch "immediately"?

Thank you very much

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Synch'g EMail

This is a great question! Are you using the default email application on the phone or are you using a 3rd party email application that you downloaded from the Google Play store?

• rsnic

Re: Synch'g EMail

Chris,

I am using the default EMail app, the one that comes stock with S8.

Well, I figured both questions out:

* To sync "immediately", you diagonally swipe the screen and it will cause a new sync

* I have my PC's Office Outlook using POP3 and it takes off the server whatever is there.  When my Samsung S4 was alive, I also had it set up for POP 3 with delete from server when deleted from in box setting; it worked super.  I tried that on my S8 and no joy -- hence my question.  To get the same effect as my old S4, I finally figured it out that I had to use IMAP on my S8 -- so if I read something on my phone it stays on server and if I delete something on my phone, it comes off of server -- that way when I fire up my PC, all is well. 

Kind of strange that to get the same effect I had to change to IMAP -- oh, well so it goes!