Coverage in Huntington, WV.

dbrewer0064

I am wondering if anyone knows has any information regarding service in Huntington, WV(25701/25702). I signed up last year for T-Mobile, however I had to return both phones as I was constantly roaming on AT&T. I really want to be a T-Mobile customer as it's just as good as Verizon (so I've heard) and cost less. Id like to know when & if a full rollout is coming?

All replies

• htghtg

Re: Coverage in Huntington, WV.

Hello, dbrewer0064 !

Welcome to the community!

It seems that those two zipcodes are fairly rural locations. What phone are you currently using to connect to the T-mobile network? It looks like there are limited options for coverage in your area-knowing the phone you use would give me a better idea of where you should be receiving signal.

HTGHTG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey dbrewer0064!  I would personally love it if we could support a larger Wild & Wonderful customer base - a ton of my extended family lives in WV.  I agree with htghtg that it definitely helps to know what kind of device you'd be using if you switched back to T-Mobile, as the network experience you have will depend on which frequencies are deployed in those areas and your device's compatibility.  If you can select the equipment you intend to use when pulling up the area in the coverage map, that can give you a better idea of what to expect.  It does still look like largely partner coverage around Huntington, though. 

- Marissa

• dbrewer0064

It would be an extended range lte compatible phone. Probably th iPhone 7 and the G6. The devices I had before were both Extended Range compatible, the iPhone 6s plus and G5. Both constantly roaming. Around the city, the other 3 major carriers work fine inside & outside the city, except for T-MOBILE . Huntington is not a rural city btw.

• tmo_marissa

Got it!  In that case, I think you'll do fine in the city, it looks like we have LTE on 2100 there - but the surrounding area is still currently serviced by partner coverage at the moment (speeds may vary, but it's dependent upon 850 MHz compatibility; good news is that all major devices recently released by T-Mobile are compatible).

I don't have any timeline to provide for a planned expansion in the area - but at this time, I'd guess you'd be great in Huntington/Burlington near the river, although in some areas in-home coverage may not be the best.  The further away you move from the city, though, signal strength will decrease. I hope we'll be able to expand our footprint in that area soon!

- Marissa