theartiszan

Has anyone noticed of volte is working on their s8+? I Just tested mine and it seems not to be working for me.  The phone falls back to 4g only for the call.

All replies

• theartiszan

Re: S8 volte

I did try resetting the apns already and reset network settings with no help.

Also sim card in my pixel does volte without problem.

There isn't any setting to turn it on or off in the phone that i could find.

• tmo_mike_c

Since there's not a VoLTE setting to change, you should be able to stay locked in on it when you're in a VoLTE area. I'm curious if this has always been happening or is this a more recent issue? I'm guessing you traveled around a bit? I'm just trying to get a sense of if this is following you where your going.

tidbits wrote: FYI remind me not to take my wife to Japan. My wallet hurts and I think it is dying. Definitely lost some weight.

I hope you had a good time in Japan at least. It's sad hearing your wallet lost weight though. I gotta tell ya, that cracked me up when I read it.

• tidbits

Ok I am heading back now. So as sookn as I land I can check some of this stuff out. FYI remind me not to take my wife to Japan. My wallet hurts and I think it is dying. Definitely lost some weight.

• dottat

I would add that this is definitely broken.  My s7 works perfectly fine.  The S8+ has no volte or HD voice options at all. 

Video calling is never available either... with android pay busted on the latest OTA they have quite the list just to get back the features working previously on older phones.

• theartiszan

Sorry should have checked back on this.

When you setup the phone for the first time,  did you have your sim card in it? Or did you do the setup and move the sim card over later?

• tidbits

theartiszan wrote:

Sorry should have checked back on this.

When you setup the phone for the first time, did you have your sim card in it? Or did you do the setup and move the sim card over later?

I didn't have the sim in when I did the setup.  It was being setup while on the charger and left to finish some stuff before my trip

• tidbits

VoLTE works for me and I tried a few times.  Sorry for the late reply.  Jet lag was kicking my old bottom.

• dottat

So yeah...even thought this phone is brand new i factory reset it with the Sim card in it this time. Now have volte. Now they just need to fix Android pay. 

• stevetjr

dottat any reason you use Android Pay and not Samsung Pay??  Samsung Pay is so much better and works on virtually all terminals not to mention Samsung has a reward program.

• tidbits

What problem are you having?

dottat wrote:

So yeah...even thought this phone is brand new i factory reset it with the Sim card in it this time. Now have volte. Now they just need to fix Android pay.

• dottat

Apparently the ota broke safety net. It's posted on xda and Reddit.

You get an error message that Android pay cannot be used on this device because it's software cannot be verified or the bootloader is unlocked or it's rooted.  100% stock too.

• tidbits

That's on Google, and Google will have to update to reflect the change. 

This is the first time it has happened with unrooted devices.  What probably happened Google has not updated their backend to the new firmware and that's why you are getting that message.

• dottat

Actually...was part of an HTC test group in the last couple months and HTC broke it during an ota. They halted the ota. So it has happened and more often than not the cts profile mismatch was on the phone manufacturer.

• tidbits

dottat wrote:

Actually...was part of an HTC test group in the last couple months and HTC broke it during an ota. They halted the ota. So it has happened and more often than not the cts profile mismatch was on the phone manufacturer.

I left out not in the sentence lol.  HTC stopped the update because it was a beta, some people had serious bugs, and Google had not updated their backend.  IIRC they released another update that was approved and also had some major fixes.  Been a while as the HTC was my go too OEM.  They've been overpricing their products a lot lately which has turned me off.