pchevallier

I'm currently in Canada and wanted to place a call to Europe. Note, I have the  "NA Stateside Intl Talk w/MOB" which allows me to call anywhere in 70 countries for that flat $15/mo rate. Wonderful, but here's the confusion.

I checked the TMO web site

https://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/international.html

and in the middle of it, it has this wonderful description (Note the 'stateside' comment on that web page. It includes Mexico and Canada, hence my inquiry.)

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 4.03.43 PM.png

clicked on the related link that says: "see how you can stay connected" to understand better and came across this page:

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 3.55.14 PM.png

Darn it!

So I called TMO customer service yesterday, very pleasant people by the way in Colorado Sprint (thanks to Justin!:) ) who was surprised by that question and had to check with his manager. He later came back with the following answer: "You will be charged $0.2/minute for calls placed from Canada (where I am currently roaming)".

I don't believe this picture and text associated to it, is accurate.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Calling abroad? go right away

Hey there!

I think there is just some confusion in the verbiage! If you read the first line of the description, it says "even if you're stating at home" which is indicative of making calls at home from in the United States, not while roaming. It also mentions the feature as "Stateside" which means when in the states!

Roaming is used to indicate making calls outside of the states!

That said, we need to get that 400 request looked into, and we can definitely pass the feedback along about the confusion!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help clarify!

-Lauren