Turned in everything a week after I switched.

jeppa27

T-Mobile said they would reimburse my restocking fees plus $31 for a case I returned. $331 was owed to me. Got a direct deposit for $273. Where is the other $60? Nevermind the fact they owe me over $500 for all the phones and taxes I paid. They want the money right away when you pay them,  but getting it back takes weeks. Not customer friendly. Been 10 days!! Not Happy!! High school consumer Ed teacher, pretty sure no student I ever teach will be a T-Mobile customer. What am I to do? I did everything I was supposed to do. I did NOTHING wrong. Their coverage map was not indicative of the actual coverage, so for safetty reasons I HAD to switch. Not really a choice.  Why am I being punished? What else should I have done?

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Did you get receipts for everything you turned in? I'd start off by giving T-Force a chance to fix this issue. Then, if that doesn't work, write to their dispute address including all the facts and figures. Finally, take them to small claims court. At least in my state the mandatory arbitration clause in the contract is not binding and you can take any issue to small claims.

• jeppa27

Re: Turned in everything a week after I switched.

I have ALL the paperwork. I never throw out any paperwork until the issue has been TOTALLY resolved!!

Thank you for your reply

• tmo_chris

Hey jeppa27,

While I am sad to hear that you had to leave us, I want to make sure you are taken care of! Did you already get a chance to speak with customer care regarding your refund? I know that there can sometimes be delays in processing refunds depending on your financial institution but you should receive a refund for the full amount that you are eligible for.

• jeppa27

I have received $273 of the original $331 restocking fee. So I am owed $58 + there.

I was told I would be refunded the down payment on the phones, taxes and the return of cases to the amount of $560+ and that it would be back on my credit card in 3 to 5 days. That was two weeks ago.

Everyone tells me that they will look into it and get back to me and I have not received ONE phone call back yet.

My patience has worn thin on this as I have spent over 24 hours at stores and on the phone for this matter.

I will be going to small claims court on Monday to file if it is not fixed in the next three days!!

Thanks for at least one person somewhat caring about me at your company!!

• tmo_chris

It sounds like there is a hang up with your refunds as you should definitely not have to wait that long. If you have a moment, I would recommend that you reach out to our social media care team using the FB or Twitter links in my signature. They will be able to take a holistic look at your account and see what the delay is.

• jeppa27

I'm done doing T-Mobile's work. I let the manager at the store know, I let the corporate office know, I let this board know. All 3 places have people that are capable of getting to the bottom of the situation and resolving it.

Bottom line is: Either no one wants to do the work or no one cares!!!!!!!

Either way I'll see T-Mobile in court!!! And it will cost them a lot more than the $560 + $58 they already owe me.

Several people had the chance to do the right thing and yet the little guy(me) gets screwed again when it comes to big business!!!

SAD!!!

• drnewcomb2

Just make sure of you state's laws regarding the arbitration clause. If it's binding, you may get kicked out of small claims court.