S8 and default

tidbits

When I try using third party application to send things when I go into the contact portion and selecting contact it doesn't accept the default option.

If need be I can make a video for you to see what I am talking about. I have multiple devices and one number so making it default is obvious.

All replies

• tmo_evan

Re: S8 and default

tidbits

No need for a video.  This is one of the consequences of introducing new functionality.  3rd party apps don't have any sense or understanding that a device can have multiple phone numbers, let alone a default number to dial so the only number that these apps can access is the SIM line of the device.

These app developers will need to reach out to Samsung (and other OEMs) to get access to the right APIs to determine which number to use.  Eventually we hope that Google will implement some standard APIs for Android itself which will make it much easier for developers to access this functionality.

Sorry that there isn't a short term fix that we can do on our side to help out with this.  Hopefully you still enjoy using DIGITS!

• tidbits

It's from the contacts

For example I decide to send a gif. The gif app opens contacts from there I select the person and from there it asks me which line I want to send with. I select my telephone number and select it as default. It always ask me if I want to select it as default.

• debjitjdv

By chance did you select Just Once? Or did you select Mark As Default? If you select Just Once, it will ask everytime to select a line. Just my 2 cents.

• tidbits

Yes I keep selecting mark as default because it makes sense since I am using 1 line multiple devices.

• tmo_evan

Okay... that's a bit different, sorry that I didn't get that the issue is "Doesn't remember the default" setting in that it keeps asking for it. Is this a 3rd party GIF app that is invoking this or is it something built in.

If you could provide the repro steps, we can pass this along to Samsung to investigate.

Thanks!

• tidbits

Gify app for example.

Open it up and pick a gif.

Select SMS option

Select existing contacts

It will open the the contact list within messages

Select contacts and click done

Then it will give you line options(digits)

Select the line and "Mark as Default

Then it will take you into the thread where I can send the gif

Have to do this every time. It never marks it as default.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!