Why does having a Samsung Integration prevent you from using any other digits apps?

kccasey

I Didn't realize that since I have a Samsung Device, that I would barred from using the Digits phone & PC App or Website.

It's nice to have the Phone integration, but it has it's draw backs.  Would be nice to be allowed to use the Android app when needed or to use the PC app or web log in.

Then when I wanted to opt-out of using Samsung Integration in favor of using the app instead since it's cross platform, I'm not allowed to.

All replies

• tidbits

I can use them all. Exactly what problems are arising for you?

• tmo_evan

kccasey

You should be able to use all of the functionality as part of the beta.  When you sign up, we give you access to all of the DIGITS apps and native functionality, regardless of the scenario that you selected.  Can you double check that you're logging in with the proper T-Mobile ID email address and password?

If you're still having problems logging in, let us know and we'll get one of the forum admins to collect some more information so we can take a deeper look at what's going on.

Thanks for testing DIGITS and helping out!

• kccasey

Nope!  The only Digits part of I'm able to use is the Samsung Native Multiline.  In order for me to get that to work, I had to register for a Tmobile ID for the Digits line itself, then add my primary line Under that Tmobile ID. 

Regardless, whether together or separated, I am not able to access any other digits app or access for that matter.  I just receive the message that it's only available for eligible subscribers.

To top it off, I've been contemplating cancelling my service anyways, as I have no online access as a primary account holder.  My primary line used to have access to billing and make other changes to my account.  Then when I joined Digits, now my primary line is no longer my primary line.  NO longer access to all the functionalities as I should.  and now for the first time in the 3-4yrs Ive been with Tmobile, I'm being charged for calls to canada.  This is Simple Choice, I've never been changed for calls to canada and now I am.  All because I have digits.

The digits Team is not able to help, as they have very limited ability as resolving these issues.  I've confirmed with a couple reps that all they are able to do is basically guide me through on troubleshooting. That they cannot make any changes in general.  So If I don't have access online, they are not able to access.  Their abilities to assist are very limited. 

I called a week ago to just cancel my service, bcs I refuse to go into a store every time I need to pay my bill, and now I have to receive paper bills in the mail bcs online becomes a problem.  I had one rep that told me to just mail in a check with my bill that I receive.  I told him I don't have checks.  No reason to pay for them If I don't really use them.  He said get a money order.  I told him that would require me to go out of my way and PAY for the money order.   I got nasty with the lady, she said fine, we'll just cancel your service then since t mobile is not a good fit.  I told her I never said T Mobile wasn't a good fit.  THen she bickered back at me saying that If I'm not willing to go with their suggestions, then there isnt anything that they can do for me.  I told her that I want to keep the service, but if no one is will to fix my issues that digits is causing to my account, then Yes, I would like to cancel the service.  I was in a store parking lot at the time.  SHe didn't care.  sHe tried to call my bluff.  I said cancel the service then, since you are not willing to resolve my issues.  She put me on hold for 10 mins only to be Blind Xfered to the digits team.  I ddnt need the digits team.  I spoke to the gentleman for over and hour and he check on the status of other tickets.  He said tickets have been getting submitted incorrectly.  He was supposed to call me back on Monday.  That never happened.  THe only other suggestion that was made to me, was to close my current account and open a new one.  But then that would require a Credit check and probation for 1 year again. I would lost my current plan, Jump and a few other things that I have, not to mention my Tenure with the co.  ALL BECAUSE OF DIGITS!

Not sure what else I can do at this point.  NO one has been able to help, otherwise, they would have by now.

• tmo_marissa

Hey kccasey!  I just wanted to check in with you here and see if you'd had a chance to double check your login information as tmo_evan suggested.  If you're still having trouble I'm happy to collect some details from you and get this reported! 

- Marissa

• kccasey

I've double checked my logins are correct.

Still no resolve.

• kccasey

I forgot to tag u, Please see my Reply above.

Also, Now on the Tmobile support page, I've los all my points and my level.  Nw I'm down to 0.  Why do things things keep happening?  Highly disappointed.

• kccasey

Nope!  The only Digits part of I'm able to use is the Samsung Native Multiline.  In order for me to get that to work, I had to register for a Tmobile ID for the Digits line itself, then add my primary line Under that Tmobile ID.

Regardless, whether together or separated, I am not able to access any other digits app or access for that matter.  I just receive the message that it's only available for eligible subscribers.

To top it off, I've been contemplating cancelling my service anyways, as I have no online access as a primary account holder.  My primary line used to have access to billing and make other changes to my account.  Then when I joined Digits, now my primary line is no longer my primary line.  NO longer access to all the functionalities as I should.  and now for the first time in the 3-4yrs Ive been with Tmobile, I'm being charged for calls to canada.  This is Simple Choice, I've never been changed for calls to canada and now I am.  All because I have digits.

The digits Team is not able to help, as they have very limited ability as resolving these issues.  I've confirmed with a couple reps that all they are able to do is basically guide me through on troubleshooting. That they cannot make any changes in general.  So If I don't have access online, they are not able to access.  Their abilities to assist are very limited.

I called a week ago to just cancel my service, bcs I refuse to go into a store every time I need to pay my bill, and now I have to receive paper bills in the mail bcs online becomes a problem.  I had one rep that told me to just mail in a check with my bill that I receive.  I told him I don't have checks.  No reason to pay for them If I don't really use them.  He said get a money order.  I told him that would require me to go out of my way and PAY for the money order.   I got nasty with the lady, she said fine, we'll just cancel your service then since t mobile is not a good fit.  I told her I never said T Mobile wasn't a good fit.  THen she bickered back at me saying that If I'm not willing to go with their suggestions, then there isnt anything that they can do for me.  I told her that I want to keep the service, but if no one is will to fix my issues that digits is causing to my account, then Yes, I would like to cancel the service.  I was in a store parking lot at the time.  SHe didn't care.  sHe tried to call my bluff.  I said cancel the service then, since you are not willing to resolve my issues.  She put me on hold for 10 mins only to be Blind Xfered to the digits team.  I ddnt need the digits team.  I spoke to the gentleman for over and hour and he check on the status of other tickets.  He said tickets have been getting submitted incorrectly.  He was supposed to call me back on Monday.  That never happened.  THe only other suggestion that was made to me, was to close my current account and open a new one.  But then that would require a Credit check and probation for 1 year again. I would lost my current plan, Jump and a few other things that I have, not to mention my Tenure with the co.  ALL BECAUSE OF DIGITS!

Not sure what else I can do at this point.  NO one has been able to help, otherwise, they would have by now.

• tmo_amanda

Hey,kccasey !

Goodness, I'm so sorry this has caused such a headache. We truly want to get this squared away as fast as possible for you especially since this has been going on since last year. I'm sending a private message your way. You can go here to check your inbox.

• tmo_evan

kccasey

We got your information from Amanda and are looking into the issues.  I think that there are multiple things going on and thus we have the developers responsible for several key systems looking into your issues directly.  We will update you as we find/fix some of the things going on - please bear with us since we think one of the issues is a relatively critical item that isn't really DIGITS related, but related to an error in your account setup - which is likely why our general care wasn't able to see/fix the issue.

• joshzone90

Having multiple t-mobile ID's is very odd. You should only have and need one. The original before digits should have all your lines and give you the beta access. I think you need to work with another department to fix your id's. I'd suggest messaging t-mobile help on twitter or Facebook.

• tmo_evan

kccasey

Can you try logging into my.t-mobile today and seeing if you are able to properly access not only your account info and payment but also that DIGITS should be enabled for working with your other devices?

The team was up late last night manually fixing your account so that it should be working now.  If it's not, we'll want to get the details of what's still not working as there might be some other systems were the data hasn't been updated properly.

Thanks for hanging in there with us!

• kccasey

Still the same result.  Nothing has changed.  All they did was unassign the Primary account holder, like everyone has done.  I'm still greeted with the same error.

Because of this issue, I was not able to take advantage of the Samsung's promotion for pre-ordering the S8+.  I had to wait for it to arrive at the stores, as I was not allowed to order online either, as it required pre-ordering online.

A few weeks ago I spoke to someone over the phone about the issue, and I gave him idea of changing my number as a means of forcing the system to refresh and rebuild acct level and systematic related concerns.  For the 1st time in 18 years of using this method to resolve issues that for some reason can't get resolved that appear to be hard coded or that deep rooted, that this didn't resolve the issue.   I was told that the only other thing that the person could think of would be to open a new T-mobile account. He couldn't think of anything else.  His job wasn't necessarily Tech either though.  Told him not an option.  IF I have to open a new account, it would be with a different carrier if that's what it boils down to doing.  I would lose my 1st Generation Jump, Grandfathered plans and services, Digits, I would also be on probation again for the 1st 12 months like Tmobile does for new customers.  I'm also no willing to pay a deposit for devices again.  It's not an issue for me financially, but I earned the right to not have to pay any type of device deposit, especially since I've never had an issue with my credit either. So I stand a lot to lose regardless.  And additionally, I'm now being charged for calls to canada.  All because I decided to participate in Digits. 

I'm not sure what more to do at this point.  Clearly, I want to remain a Tmobile customer, but not at my expense anymore especially when I'm not being treated fairly.

evanmfTmo.JPG

• tmo_evan

Well they actually did something else and were re-building your profile in the identity management systems.  You'll still need to claim Primary Account Holders since we're not allowed to do this for you.

One thing to try, which would be to clear out all the cookies and cache on your browser.  There are some known issues there that cause the page not to refresh properly that could possibly have contributed to it saying it's unavailable.  If that doesn't work, I will again talk with the system engineers who was working on this last night to understand what is still buggered up.

I also know the team looked at your account relative to the charges to Canada and someone from the care team did call you to have a conversation about the rate plan you're currently on, trust me that has nothing to do with DIGITS.

Let's see if we can get this all figured out for you.

• kccasey

I've already done this as well and from different browsers.

Although my Rate plan doesn't have to do with Digits technically, the person I did speak to initially at 1st was insistent that I've only had the rate plan since 3/31, or around that date.  I told him that I've had it much longer than that.  Then when he looked at it again, he saw how it was re-applied to my account.  That was the time when I spoke to someone else who changed my number to see if that would resolve the issues.  Since the number was changed and changed back to my original number, this must have reset my rate plan.  My current Rate plan is exactly like a Simple Choice plan with a couple minor exceptions, All lines have to pay for their data.  Otherwise, everything else was always the way it was.  From the time I 1st had the rate plan, It was just like a Simple Choice plan.   There must have been some changes made to it that now I'm being charged for calls to Canada.  The rep that I spoke to disagreed with me.  I asked him if he could look at the schematics of the rate plan before and after march to compare then.  He said he wasn't able to.  I had no problems calling to Canada before.  Even the Tmobile Website says that even if my rate plan didn't include calling to CA, that the Pay per use for Calls and texts to CA are Free.  I live 5 mins from the Canadian Border, so having this is important to me.  I've never had a problem calling canada before, why should i have an issue now? So I guess indirectly it does have to do with Digits, because had it not been for Participating in Digits, I would not have all of these issues that I'm experiencing now.  I wouldn't have to go into the store to do certain things.  I wouldn't have to be signed up to receive a paper bill in order to view my whole bill, I'd be able to to do ebilling.

• joshzone90

Have you talked to anyone from t-mobile via social media? i feel that in regards to the plan Executive social media would be the best course of action for you. While they want of help you on here, the digits team doesn't really handle plan changes.

• kccasey

This is the end of the line for me. I don't know who else to talk to I've

talked to as many people as I know I can. I've even talked the cancellation

is department and will only push me up as far as a supervisor but no

further.  Will only push me to the next person above if I cancel my

service.  So I told the one supervisor to just cancel my service then.

Then she asked me again why I wanted to cancel my service and I told her.

Then I reiterated to her to just cancel my service.  She put me on hold for

20 mins, the next person on the line was a representative from the digits

team. This is very frustrating especially since digits can't help. The

representatives with the Jets are very limited on what they can do. Last

person I spoke to in digits said that if I'm able to utilize digits through

Samsung integration, then I should be able to access digits through any of

the apps or website. I told him I can only access it through Samsung

integration the apps give me an error tell me that only eligible customers

that were signed up could use it.

I think that cancellations supervisor ended up transferring me because she

couldn't cancel my account. I've had enough of the headache. She told me

just cancel Digits to resolve the issue.  Told her I wish it was that easy,

but it's not going to resolve the issue.

• joshzone90

I understan. Digits only handles Digits, they don't handle nor are trained to handling billing and plan related account. Also there will be issue with DiGITS in regards to using it on multiple devices as digits is beta, and theu are trial things out.

thats why I recommended talking to Executive Social media, they are higher up then customer service or cancellations and have much more capabilities as they basically work right under the presiden.

• kccasey

Did you read everything I posted?

This has nothing to do with Billing or my plan.  I mentioned this issues because Digits is the reason I'm having them to begin with.  All issues I'm currently experiencing, including Digits related issues, all come back full circle to it associated with Digits; whether directly or indirectly.  I've spoken to SOOOOOO many people over the last 4 months.  I've gone as high up as I can go.  I can't even get Cancellations to cancel my account because they are unable to because there is an issue with my account.  Even for my Direct Digits related issues, they are unresolved after 4 month and SEVERAL tickets later.  This has gone above everyone's head.  But in the end, all of the issues that I'm experiencing, tie back to Digits.

The only Social Media Account I have is Facebook.  I don't use it very often.  I have enough going on in my life, I don't have the time to waste on any other Social Media Platform.

I told Cancellations, that I want to stay as a T-Mobile Customer, but If no one can resolve my issues, then I want to cancel my account.  The Supervisor was nasty with me and cut me off everytime I spoke and said something that she perceived as incorrect or that she didn't like.  She told me to just Cancel then.  I agreed.  I don't care how cheap a service is, If you're telling me to cancel, then I don't have any issue doing so. I'm not going to fight a losing battle.  It's like being in a relationship, why stay with someone who doesn't want to be with you anyways?  Doesn't matter what they have to offer, it still won't change the facts.  I reiterated to her again that I would like to stay, but If my issues can't get resolved, then It's time for me to go.  Can't justify paying for a service that I cannot use properly and will have nothing but problems with.

Makes no sense to keep going through this, especially when no one is able to fix it.  Then I was Blind Transferred to the Digits team, who was not able to help me, not even with the Digits related issues, because I have to get the account level issues, that were caused by having Digits, resolved.  No one seems to understand why even the Digits related issues can't get fixed.  Neither do I.  If I switch phones or sign out on my Phone, I have to use a couple work around on Tmo.com and another number on my account in order to get Digits to work on my device.  But that won't resolve the issue where I'm not able to log in through any other platform with Digits.

Whoever originally provisioned Digits on my account initially deserves to get fired.

Don't know what else I'm supposed to do about this or who else to talk to.  I highly doubt someone else from a different dept that has nothing to do with how things run on the backend are going to fix things.  If someone was going to or able to fix my issues, they would be fixed by now, at least in the 5 MONTHS that have now passed by.

• tmo_evan

I've asked our Care team to reach back out to you and get you on the proper plan.  Sorry that didn't happen when they talked with you the other day.  I've asked the team responsible for identity management to dig in deeper into whatever is going on into your account so that you can get access back to my.t-mobile and paying your bill on line, etc.  Trust me we will get this sorted out for you as I've got access to all the right people to fix this up - they just have to figure out exactly what went wrong and why so that they know how to properly fix it.

• kccasey

The guy that talked to me about my issue initially told me they could fix my issues.  After talking with him for a little while, turns out he couldn't.

We talked about my plan, and he diverted to away from it by basically telling me that I'm one of those few customers that ended up flying under the radar that have been able to get away with using 100's gb of data (aka data hog) without being throttled or flagged. I asked him since when do I use a lot of Data?  The most Data I've ever accounted for using through Tmobile was maybe 10-15gb or so in a month and that's very infrequent.  On average, I used less than 5gb/mo.

I have access to mytmobile, but my permissions are at a Standard user level.  They can't get changed any higher than that.  When I've tried a work around through another number on my account to change the access level to full access, the system won't allow it.  Won't allow anything higher than Standard.

If someone is going to reach back out to me, I'd prefer them to know what they are doing, instead of the last guy who called me to tell me I was a Data Hog.  They need to take the time before they call me to know what they are getting themselves into, instead og having something other than negative feedback to give  me.

• laestrella

kccasey

I had this EXACT problem a while ago when I first switched to Digits and let me tell you it was frustrating as hell. They had to put in a support ticket and I had to wait (ANNOYING).

The first issue was that I was getting that same T-Mobile unavailable message. They then fixed that and I was able to login but I was no longer the Primary Account Holder. Kept trying to set myself up as that and it STILLLLL wouldn't work. They had to resubmit another ticket until it finally got fixed. It took like a week and a half or two weeks. It was just insane.

I feel your pain but definitely call that Digits number and have them put in a ticket to fix your account. Someone there knows what to do. Too bad you are getting the run around but it is fixable.