Voicemail to Text and LineLink

mallardnathan

If I signup for Voicemail to Text on my LineLink, would the voicemails that get sent to my LineLink transcribe themselves and appear in the DIGITS app on my iPhone (since my LineLink is accessible from DIGITS on my iPhone)? Curious if this would work. I'm considering Name ID for my LineLink anyway and wondering if I should just do the Name ID and Voicemail to Text bundle (or T-Mobile ONE Plus on the LineLink).

Thanks!

All replies

• tmo_evan

Re: Voicemail to Text and LineLink

Nathan -

I think Name ID won't work since at the time being most of that service is really not in the network but is part of the application that ships as part of the Android devices.  However if you have a DIGITS app on a phone with NameID and you're using the app in it's normal state (cellular mode) and you had NameID on the line on the phone, then you would get the advantage of NameID.

As to Voicemail to Text, I think that should work if you add the service to the Linelink line - I'm not 100% sure that the particular network service was setup for Linelink, but if it is then this should all work.

• mallardnathan

Thanks for the info! I've been told "basic Name ID" should work with the LineLink. I have an iPhone with Name ID on my line, and "basic Name ID" works and displays the caller ID to people coming in. The advanced features of "Name ID 2.0" (enhanced call blocking, etc.) are specific only to Android apps who have the "Name ID 2.0 app" pre-installed on them. It's an area I'd like to see T-Mobile free up and integrate it into the DIGITS app so one can fully take advantage of "Name ID 2.0" on any device and any platform. "Basic Name ID" works on iOS though, and to test it on my LineLink, I'd have to likely subscribe for a month and see what happens, but I've been told it should work.

Sounds good on Voicemail to Text as well. I'll probably get with T-Force and add the bundle to my LineLink for a month and see what happens. I can report back here and let you know how well it works or not for your info.

• tmo_chris

Sounds good! Please let us know how it goes!

• mallardnathan

Sounds good. If I go for it, I'll go for it the day my billing cycle turns over (May 2) so I don't incur any prorated charges. If I go for it, I'll let you know what happens.

• tmo_marissa

I know we're still a few days out from your projected start date if you decide to test this, but I wanted to check in and keep the thread alive just in case.   Please let us know if you go for it and what the outcome is!  Thanks for your feedback.

- Marissa

• mallardnathan

Sounds good. T-Mobile is calling me tomorrow about the SyncUP Drive, so if I decide to go for it, I'll mention it to them tomorrow.

Off Topic Question: How do I merge my legacy Support Community account with my T-Mobile ID?

Thanks!

• tmo_marissa

Great!  Regarding Migrating your Community account to T-Mobile ID, it's super simple to accomplish if you're using the same email for Support that you're using for your T-Mobile ID.  But if you're not, we're working on a process to fix that.  We don't recommend changing your T-Mobile ID at this point, because that can affect DIGITS.  We're still testing to see if changing it on our side will cause snags.  Let me know if you're using the same emails or if they're different - I'll take it back if the latter and see where we are with getting a process in place!

- Marissa

• mallardnathan

Thanks! BTW, T-Mobile didn't call me today to go over what they were going to go over, so I didn't get to discuss this with them. I'm hoping they'll call me tomorrow about the other question so we can get both of these knocked out.

My T-Mobile ID email and Support Community email are the same, so we can proceed with the merger!

Thanks!

• tmo_marissa

Ouch - I'm sorry to hear that we missed that follow-up.  :/  But I am glad that you're able to follow the steps in the link (what few there are) for migrating your login.  Are you planning on reaching out regarding Name ID/SyncUP - or did we provide a window for contact?

- Marissa

• mallardnathan

I managed to visit my new T-Mobile Store in Hot Springs today, and they got me taken care of with SyncUP Drive, as well as they added a version of Name ID to my LineLink for free (so it wouldn't cost me $3.99/month). I would like to confirm that is the correct Name ID feature I need on my LineLink, so if someone can PM me, I can send over my account details so you can double-check that. If it is, that's fantastic! It'd be great to have Name ID for free on my LineLink. :-)

I also confirmed in the store there isn't a way to add Voicemail to Text to the LineLink at the moment. Only Name ID. Since the LineLink technically shouldn't send text messages, I get why the feature isn't available. After DIGITS fully rolls out, T-Mobile might be able to find a way to make Voicemail to Text available for LineLink since the LineLink can interact with other devices once DIGITS rolls out.

Thanks!

• tmo_amanda

Hey, mallardnathan!

It sounds like the Hot Springs store was super helpful and I'm SO happy to hear that! I understand you want to make sure the proper feature was added to your account. However, we do not have access to customer accounts. I recommend getting in touch with us using one of the methods found here so they can take a quick look.

Keep us updated if anything changes.

• mallardnathan

Hi there! Good news on this. I reached out to T-Force on Facebook with some other questions and had them check on this while I was chatting with them. I do indeed have the correct feature on there, and it is working on the LineLink. So I'm all set, and it's great that I get free Name ID on my LineLink instead of paying $3.99 for it!