Digits App won't let screen turn off

davman29

Some of my phones (Galaxy Note 4 - Running Marshmallow 6.0, and Galaxy s7 - Running Nougat 7.0) have Digits installed.

When I have my cloned line Active, the display sometimes doesn't turn off after receiving a message.  When I turn the Line State to "Inactive", it turns off after 1 minute (as set in my Display settings). 

All replies

• tmo_evan

Re: Digits App won't let screen turn off

@davman29

Can we get some more information?

Are you running the application on both the Note 4 and the S7?  (The S7 has the functionality natively built-in so you don't even need the application).

What version of the application are you running, is it the latest update?

Is there anything about the particular message when this happens, is it an SMS (simple text), MMS (group text message), MMS (picture message), RCS (chat, advanced message)?

Also when you say "cloned line" is this an extra set of DIGITS that you have, or is it the actual phone number of another phone (or the phone number of the phone that it is on itself)?

This will help us try and narrow down the issue.

Thanks for providing us some more information and helping to test DIGITS!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_amanda

Good morning, davman29! Did you have a chance to take a look at evanmf's reply? More info is needed so we can figure out what's going on.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there davman29!  Just checking in to see if you were still having this problem.  If so, we'd love to get some more details from you so that we can try to get to the root of the issue!  Thanks! 

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey davman29! I'm sorry to keep knocking on your virtual door. We'd love to know how you're doing if you have a moment t come back and check in with us! In the interim, I'm going to mark Evan's reply correct as he's the expert among us - but if you've got a moment to let us know how you're doing, we'd love it if you could pop back in and unmark the answer and fill us in. Hope everything's going well for you!

- Marissa

• davman29

Pretty sure I responded.  But I don't see my response on the thread.  See

below for my previous email response.  Let me know if you have more

questions tmo_evan.

Are you running the application on both the Note 4 and the S7?  (The S7 has

the functionality natively built-in so you don't even need the application).

• Yes both phones.  These phones both have their own phone lines

AND Digits installed so that I can receive calls and text from a third

(primary) line.  As far as I can tell on my S7 when I use the native phone

and text apps, they utilize the phone number associated with he sim card

that is installed.  I can only access my primary line from within

the digits app.  *

What version of the application are you running, is it the latest update?

• The latest version.  I was prompted to update yesterday April 25th, 2017.

Is there anything about the particular message when this happens, is it an

SMS (simple text), MMS (group text message), MMS (picture message), RCS

(chat, advanced message)?

• I believe it's both MMS group texts with images attached.*

Also when you say "cloned line" is this an extra set of DIGITS that you

have, or is it the actual phone number of another phone (or the phone

number of the phone that it is on itself)?

• See my description of how my phone lines are set up in my first

response.  My primary line is the line I wish to access across all three

devices.  The original sim card associated with my primary number is

installed on an S7 edge.  *

This will help us try and narrow down the issue.