smorrison6

I have a samsung galaxy s4.  I want to block a phone number.  I found where you can put the number on the rejected list but it still is getting through on group texts

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: how to block a phone number

Hey smorrison6, I understand there are some folks who you just don't need to hear from.  I've honestly never heard of a distinction between message blocking and group message blocking, although I do know that they can route differently.  A regular text comes through as an SMS (short message), while for the most part a group message is converted to MMS (multimedia message). 
        Did you block this number through the call reject function only?  I did a little digging online and found some other steps (I haven't tried them myself) for setting a contact up as spam through your Message settings and rejecting it that way - have you given those steps a shot yet?  If not, see if this works out:

1. Open Messaging app.
        2. Tap the Menu key then select Settings.
        3. Scroll down to the Spam message settings section.
        4. Tick the box next to Spam settings to enable block text message feature.
        5. Tap Add to spam numbers.
        6. Tap Add button.
        7. Tap Match criteria. Here you'll see four options available, they are:
          • Exactly the same as: this option allows you to enter the full phone number you wish to block.
          • Starts with: this option allows you to enter the beginning of the phone number you wish to block.
          • Ends with: this option allows you to enter the end of the phone number you wish to block.
          • Includes: this option allows you to enter a part of the phone number you wish to block.
        8. Type the phone number in the Enter number field according to the match criteria you've just selected. Or, tap the Contact icon to pick up the desired contact you wish to block from Logs or Contacts app.
        9. Tap Save button.
        10. All phone numbers and criteria you have added will be listed below the Add button.

Can you let us know if that works, or if those are the steps you already completed?

- Marissa